Re: Registering two seperate copies of the base game to the same account?

by averylauren41

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Registering two seperate copies of the base game to the same account?

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I have purchased multiple copies of the sims 3 base game over the years, and I was wondering if it was possible to register all of my base game codes to the same account, which already has the base game registered, to redeem the free 1000 simpoints that you get when registering? I would like to make the most out of my purchases and I was just curious if this was possible.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (643 Views)

Accepted Solution

@averylauren41  Yes, it's possible to have multiple copies of the base game on your account.  I have an original disc copy plus a Steam copy on mine.  There's supposedly a limit on how many codes you can add to your account, or at least how many you can get points for; I think it's three.

The other issue to watch out for is that if the code you used to install the game doesn't match the current one on your account (current usually meaning the most recent one registered), you may have trouble launching the game through Origin or using your store content.  (Store stuff is encrypted and tied to one account, to prevent sharing.)  But at worst, that would just mean uninstalling the base game, cleaning your computer's registry of TS3-related entries, and reinstalling.  Sometimes even that isn't necessary.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (607 Views)

All Replies

@averylauren41  Yes, it's possible to have multiple copies of the base game on your account.  I have an original disc copy plus a Steam copy on mine.  There's supposedly a limit on how many codes you can add to your account, or at least how many you can get points for; I think it's three.

The other issue to watch out for is that if the code you used to install the game doesn't match the current one on your account (current usually meaning the most recent one registered), you may have trouble launching the game through Origin or using your store content.  (Store stuff is encrypted and tied to one account, to prevent sharing.)  But at worst, that would just mean uninstalling the base game, cleaning your computer's registry of TS3-related entries, and reinstalling.  Sometimes even that isn't necessary.

Message 2 of 7 (608 Views)

★★ Novice

i have 2 copies of dead space in my Origin account atm. so yes what you asking is possible.

Message 3 of 7 (605 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for your answer. That sucks about the point limit though.
Message 4 of 7 (586 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for letting me know about that before I wasted my codes.
Message 5 of 7 (583 Views)

@averylauren41  If you did want to use the extra points, you could always make a second account on the Sims 3 store site (with an additional three codes attached) and gift the store content you wanted to your primary account.  There are plenty of items that never go on sale, so it wouldn't be much of a loss.

Message 6 of 7 (581 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Yeah I was thinking about doing that, I guess that’s the only way.
Thanks for your help.
Message 7 of 7 (554 Views)