Re: Registering A Game

by roberta591

Original Post

Registering A Game

★★★ Newbie

Once a game is registered on an account can it be unregistered so a new owner/buyer can then register to their account?

Message 1 of 4 (361 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@blackfenix08  Once a game is activated to an Origin account it is locked to that account. Much like Steam. This prevents the player from saying I didn't mean to delete that game. This also opens the claim why can't this game exist in two accounts. The way Valve's Steam is organized has been very successful I can't see why other similar sites can't be just a sucessful.

Message 2 of 4 (343 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I apologize..I'm new to this and didnt know if this was a public forum or administration would answer..or anyone who could help. Again I apologize!

Message 3 of 4 (324 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@blackfenix08  no problem. This is a user supported public forum you can post in about your game. The simple answer to your question is once a game is activated to an Origin account that code can not be user un-registered. I believe the EA reps can't un-register a code. How they probably handle a situation like then is to block the old code and issue a new code (not positive on this but that seems to be the way it is handled in a few circumstances). Welcome to the forums and feel free to post any more questions you have.

Message 4 of 4 (307 Views)