Regional lock on laungages. (Polish, Russian and Czech only)

by IndieMusicFreak

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Regional lock on laungages. (Polish, Russian and Czech only)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I bought my sims 4 in Poland when it was first realised. Since then, I moved over to the UK and would love to play it in English but I only have 3 languages available in my settings.

I have previously contacted EA Support to help with this, but they said I would have to buy the base game again and couldn't guarantee that all my expansion packs etc. I bought would transfer over.

I was wondering if anyone fixed this issue by buying the base game again and got access to more languages without losing all extra packs?

Now that the game is going free in October, I am very tempted to try it but at the same time I don't want to lose all my extra content I purchased over the years.

Message 1 of 4 (642 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Regional lock on laungages. (Polish, Russian and Czech only)

@IndieMusicFreak  If you buy the base game again on the same account, all your packs will still work with the new version.  However, you'd likely need to have your current base game removed from your account first so it doesn't override the language options of the new purchase.  Removing the base game leaves the packs intact, and the packs are tied to your account, not your base game version.

It's entirely possible that if you do this after the base game goes free to play, you'd get the U.K. version for free, which by the way is English-only.  But it's also possible that Origin would remember the earlier region settings and give you same version you currently have.  So I'd suggest buying a copy from an authorized third-party seller, either a physical store located in a country that offers the global version (France, Germany, the U.S., etc.), or an online vendor that offers the global version (but check the fine print).

The other option is to buy from, or get a free copy from, Steam, which only offers the global version.  While you couldn't directly transfer your packs to Steam, you could install the base game with Steam and then download your packs from Origin, and they'd work with that base game.  The downside is you'd need to run both Steam and Origin when you wanted to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (604 Views)

All Replies

@IndieMusicFreak  If you buy the base game again on the same account, all your packs will still work with the new version.  However, you'd likely need to have your current base game removed from your account first so it doesn't override the language options of the new purchase.  Removing the base game leaves the packs intact, and the packs are tied to your account, not your base game version.

It's entirely possible that if you do this after the base game goes free to play, you'd get the U.K. version for free, which by the way is English-only.  But it's also possible that Origin would remember the earlier region settings and give you same version you currently have.  So I'd suggest buying a copy from an authorized third-party seller, either a physical store located in a country that offers the global version (France, Germany, the U.S., etc.), or an online vendor that offers the global version (but check the fine print).

The other option is to buy from, or get a free copy from, Steam, which only offers the global version.  While you couldn't directly transfer your packs to Steam, you could install the base game with Steam and then download your packs from Origin, and they'd work with that base game.  The downside is you'd need to run both Steam and Origin when you wanted to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (605 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply!

That makes a lot of sense! I didn't know you can have base game from steam and the packs from origin. I think that option sounds most promising as I really don't want to spend any more money on sims, especially since I already paid for it lol I suppose I'll wait and find out. I'll try to remember to update this post with the results in case anyone else has that issue! Thanks again! Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (529 Views)

★★ Novice

hello, @IndieMusicFreak 

I had the same exact issue, I purchased my game back when I was in Ukraine. three days ago, I contacted EA help and they informed me that some regions are restricted in language options and there is no way that they can help me get the English version. (in my opinion they should've put a disclaimer  a warning or something :/ ). 

so I uninstalled the sims 4 from my laptop and i made a new EA account and put the region that i am currently at, which, thankfully, had the English version of the game. 

later, I reached out to EA help again and had the operator help me do a merger in which they transfer all my games and add-ons from the old account to the new account. this is risky because as soon as you agree to the transfer, your old account will immediately be deactivated, if you wish to have it back later you wont be able to, so keep that in mind.

i got the base game in English version, did the merger, it took me one full day to find my DLCs and expansion packs in my library (after reaching out to ea help again, since i didnt find them the first time and they confirmed to me that everything was tranfered, all i had to do is wait.), I uninstalled and reinstalled the EA app (i was advice to do so), and installed the sims 4 from my new account plus all my packs. thankfully, it worked out!

now I'm playing the sims 4 in English like I wanted to all those years. till now, I haven't faced any problems. 

I'm sharing exactly what happened to me, I hope this could help you decide what to do next about your problem.

Message 4 of 4 (296 Views)