Refund after Origin issue 22/07 for Cottage Living

by foxybabyhg3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Refund after Origin issue 22/07 for Cottage Living

★ Apprentice

So, I pre-ordered Cottage Living on 10/06. I had assumed the payment was taken at that time. Anyway, on 22nd July, I had an email from Origin saying there was a problem with my payment, so I used a credit card to make the purchase, all good, downloaded and played the game.

I started noticing people on Social Media talking of an issue with Origin/payments/Cottage Living and it seems as though there was an issue that was then fixed. I checked my bank account for the debit card that is registered as my primary payment card on my Origin account and £34.99 has been taken from that account. £34.99 has also been deducted from the Credit Card I used on the 22nd when I believed my payment had failed. No problem I thought. Origin can just provide a refund. NOPE, can't get past the page, says I don't have anything they can refund and no-where to chat to anyone so I can explain the issue. The double payment shows on my Origin Account, one on 10th June, the other on 22nd July. I don't want to do a charge back on either of the cards in case it flags as fraud and Origin, being Origin bans my account or something. 

So please, can a human look at this rather than a bot that doesn't use common sense? Its not even the money, I'd be happy to be able to gift it to a friend who doesn't have the funds right now. I just don't want to pay almost £72 for an expansion pack.

Or if anyone can point me in the direction of a human webchat, I'd be really grateful. thanks

Message 1 of 3 (372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Refund after Origin issue 22/07 for Cottage Living

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @foxybabyhg3 Sorry to hear that your having difficulties getting a refund. Please contact our EA Help Support so we can further look into this for you. Here is some more information on this:

How to contact EA Help for support

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (361 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @foxybabyhg3 Sorry to hear that your having difficulties getting a refund. Please contact our EA Help Support so we can further look into this for you. Here is some more information on this:

How to contact EA Help for support

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (362 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you! I'll try that

Message 3 of 3 (325 Views)