Redeeming simpoints

by Tiana3096

Original Post

Redeeming simpoints

★★★ Newbie

I have just brought 5 1000 sim point cards from a store. I have gone to redeem them as the instructions say and when you click redeem it goes to a page and says opps the page is down. Went back to the home page and did redeem a code and doesn't work either, now it says my codes are invalid and I haven't been able to redeem anything. I have only tried to redeem 2 as I don't want to waste all of them. Is there anything I can do to get them redeemed?

Message 1 of 8 (788 Views)

Re: Redeeming simpoints

Hero (Retired)

@Tiana3096 Once you redeem sim points for an item you then go to the store purchase history and find that item to download to the download tab in the game launcher where you can install the item. What do you have a code for?

Message 2 of 8 (773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I brought the 1000 simpoints card from eb games. But for some reason its not redeeming them. I'm going to give EA a call tomorrow and see if they can help.

Message 3 of 8 (765 Views)

★ Novice

did anyone help you with your problem as i am having the same issue?

Message 4 of 8 (742 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Tiana3096 Your issue is with EB Games. The card may not have been activated where you bought it. The cards will not work until activated at time of purchase. There should be a telephone number or web site on the back of the card to check the remaining value of the card.

Message 5 of 8 (733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi did you manage to activate your simpoint cards? I am having exactly the same issue. If you did get it resolved can you please tell me?

Message 6 of 8 (672 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LouPryor  Did you contact the number on the back of the card? If the card has no balance and you didn't use the card then the problem probably is the card was not properly activated when you purchased the card. You need to go back to place of purchase about this issue. I don't keep receipts so I ALWAYS buy items on my debit card so I can prove my purchase. Plus most bank cards offer some protection for your purchase.

Message 7 of 8 (663 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @Tiana3096

@roberta591 is right - it is the same principal as loading or buying a gift card or one of those re-loadable debit cards at the store. The clerk you purchased the card from needs to have activated the card or some cards you have to call the number on the back to activate them after purchase.

Also some of those get redeemed through origin and then will show up on your sims store account after you log out and close out of your store account, then open it back up and log back in.. if after you try this and they still do not show up on your balance Then:

1. Call the number on the back of the card:

2. If it shows the the card was never activated they should be able to activate it for you with the activation code number on your receipt. The ones you have not tried to redeem yet should be able to be checked through the phone number on the back to see if they were activated before you try and redeem those.

If they can not activate them - go back to the store you purchased them from.

3. If the call in number tells you they had been activated and redeemed (and also the ones you have not tried to redeem yet), then call EA support during business hours

Message 8 of 8 (657 Views)