Redeemed serial number using a lost email

by JohnSomething

Original Post

Redeemed serial number using a lost email

★★ Novice

Hello.

My problem is that back in 2011 i redeemed the serial number of the sims 3, in the sims 3 community webpage (thesims 3.com), using an email account that now i have lost.

That means that now that i restarted playing the game i dont have access to my account in the community webpage and the hundrend of stuff i had downloaded.

Is there any way to fix this problem without getting in phone with an EA game adviser? Or should i refer to the sims3.com instead?

-John

Message 1 of 5 (344 Views)

Re: Redeemed serial number using a lost email

Hero (Retired)

@JohnSomething  The fastest way is to contact EA customer support by phone. As this is an open public forum user accounts can NOT be accessed here. In 2012 the DRM was changed to Origin. The old account can be merged into a new Origin account but that can only be done by EA customer service.

Message 2 of 5 (332 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Roberta and thank you for your anwser.

I did contact EA and they told me that the recommended solution is to talk to them by phone. I am trying to say that i do not want to talk to them by phone, for these reasons:

1. My English are very bad when speaking

2. My native language is not one of the languages EA customer support offer

3. It makes me anxious

So is it possible to communicate to EA customer support to solve my problem through email and not through phone? They have deactivated the email system for God's sake, and i cant tell them what i am saying here.

-John

Message 3 of 5 (310 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@JohnSomething  As I sympathize with your position. The fact remains that there was/is a lot of hijacking of accounts and EA has increased security when researching account issues. Is there someone who can contact EA for you? In 2012 the method of accounts changed which will complicate resolving your issue. Prior to 2012 retention of activation codes was mostly the responsibility of the user. The DRM changed to Origin and now your Origin account retains control after you activate the game. I'm assuming someone is helping you with this post as the English is very good. Did you try the chat help system? I understand the chat system works best if you have a pc and you use IE. Once the EA rep validates you I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take long to resolve your issue. As I am a technician I sometimes have to contact engineers who are obviously Asian and do not speak English very well. Somehow we manage to communicate well enough to resolve issues to help the customer.

Message 4 of 5 (299 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Roberta. My English is good because, as i mentioned in my previous comments, its my oral skills that are terrible. Writing and reading English is something im very good at, but not speaking them!

Yes, i did try the chat option. No one appeared to chat. I was waiting for 1 hour.  Maybe because it was Sunday. However, after i re-addressed the problem no chat option appeared but only the option of phone.

Is there any way to re-initiate the chat system, or is there any other way than resolving to phone?

Message 5 of 5 (286 Views)