Redeem Virtual Expansion Packs

by towandakitty

Original Post

Redeem Virtual Expansion Packs

★★★ Newbie

Hi y'all!

As much fun as Sims4 may be, when it comes to Build and Buy modes I am more familiar with Sims3 and long to return to the game I spent hours and hours on when I was a pre-teen. I bought a physical DVD for the base game and the Pets expansion, but I'm 150% sure I bought at least one, maybe two, more expansion packs (probably Generations? Seasons? almost definitely Supernatural? it's been a while) virtually. I've gone through a few computers in the intervening decade, not to mention a few household moves, so I don't quite know where to start to look for what those were. Can't find it in my purchase history on either store.thesims3.com or my EA account homepage, and definitely can't find it on the game start up page in the application itself. 

Any tips on where to look, and once I find it, how to redeem those codes and download them again on my new device? (A 2017 MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave, iOS 10.14.2)

Thanks!

TJ

Message 1 of 3 (369 Views)

Re: Redeem Virtual Expansion Packs

Community Manager

Hey @towandakitty for issues such as this you can speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (345 Views)

Re: Redeem Virtual Expansion Packs

[ Edited ]

@towandakitty  If you bought digital copies of any packs through Origin, they'd be tied to the account that bought them.  So even if you had the product codes, you couldn't redeem them on your current account.

What you might be able to do, if you can recover the old account, is to request that EA customer support merge it with your current one.  All your packs should transfer in the merge, although store content will not.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

As for finding that other account, try entering any email address you have access to in the Origin sign-in window and clicking "Forgot your password?"  Any address tied to an Origin account should get a password recovery email; be sure to check the spam folder too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)