Redeem Code is used?

by 1_Apocryphal_1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Redeem Code is used?

★★ Novice

Hi, so I just got a new computer and I'm installing all my ts3 expansion/stuff packs in it. The problem is why do I only have the base game and fast lane stuff? The rest of my packs are listed as "not owned" and I have to buy them again. When I try to redeem the code for a pack it says its already used. Why is this happening? I really dont want to buy the games again. I have the physical copies, not digital ones. Please help me, this is stressful.

Message 1 of 12 (1,305 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Redeem Code is used?

[ Edited ]

@1_Apocryphal_1  There's no way to find your account using your codes, unfortunately.  EA doesn't allow games to be sold, or used ones to be registered, and that's probably the reason—they don't want people showing up with used disc copies trying to create or take over an account.  In your position, I'd start adding every email I'd ever had to Origin and clicking "forgot your password?" then checking the inboxes in the hopes that a recovery email appeared.

Since that might be a bit of a long shot though, you're probably better off just installing from disc.  The fact that Seasons has the Origin logo shouldn't matter; it's only the base game that counts in this regard.  Here's what you need to do:

• Uninstall the game and clean your computer's registry of all TS3-related entries, either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.
  • Uninstall Origin as well.
  • Download the Super Patch from here:  https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...
  • Take your computer completely offline, as in, turn off wifi and/or unplug the ethernet cable.
  • Install the base game only.  If the EA Download Manager asks to control your install, say no.  The EADM will do everything it can to "upgrade" itself to Origin.
  • When the base game is installed, run the Super Patch and test.
  • Install your packs in order.  When you're done, run the Super Patch again.
  • Test to make sure the game runs.
  • Go online and open the launcher.  Accept any updates it offers; these are not Origin-related.  (Also, it can't download Origin onto your computer for you.)
  • For the missing store content patches, please read this thread:  https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

This is the usual path to installing via disc, and it works for almost everyone.  If you run into trouble, just let me know, and I'll try to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (1,256 Views)

All Replies

@1_Apocryphal_1  If the codes have been used before, either by you or someone else, there's no way to register them again.  Is it possible you added them to a different account at some point?  Even if you just registered them on the Sims 3 Store site, that would still prevent you from using them again.

If you think they might be on a different account, you can try entering your other email addresses into Origin.  If you've forgotten your password, click the button, and Origin will send you a recovery email, provided the address is associated with an account.  You can then ask EA customer support to merge your previous and current accounts, so that all of your games are in one place.  Keep in mind that the account being merged, i.e. the one that's disappearing, will probably not transfer any store content it currently owns.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

The other possibility is to install entirely via disc, with no Origin involvement.  You can only do this if you own everything you want to install on disc, and if your base game was manufactured before September 2012.  The later version requires Origin to manage the install.  If you're not sure, check the CD case—the newer versions will have an Origin logo on the back and/or a banner across the top of the front that says something about going social.  You can also check the copyright date in the fine print on the back.  If you'd like to know how to do an all-disc install, let me know.

Message 2 of 12 (1,278 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for the response. Its possible I had an account with my ts3 packs in it but I've forgotten about it at some point. All I have now is an account I'm using since 2015, but even with that newer account I could play ts3 just fine, I came back to play the game again on a new computer after a few years and I got this problem. Every pack I own doesn't have the origin logo except for seasons. Now about the older account. I have forgotten about it and I have no way of entering back into it, but I still have the codes with me. Is it possible to recover the account using my game codes? I mean, that all I have left. In the mean time, could you teach me on how to install the packs all-disk style. Cheers!

Message 3 of 12 (1,267 Views)

[ Edited ]

@1_Apocryphal_1  There's no way to find your account using your codes, unfortunately.  EA doesn't allow games to be sold, or used ones to be registered, and that's probably the reason—they don't want people showing up with used disc copies trying to create or take over an account.  In your position, I'd start adding every email I'd ever had to Origin and clicking "forgot your password?" then checking the inboxes in the hopes that a recovery email appeared.

Since that might be a bit of a long shot though, you're probably better off just installing from disc.  The fact that Seasons has the Origin logo shouldn't matter; it's only the base game that counts in this regard.  Here's what you need to do:

• Uninstall the game and clean your computer's registry of all TS3-related entries, either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.
  • Uninstall Origin as well.
  • Download the Super Patch from here:  https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...
  • Take your computer completely offline, as in, turn off wifi and/or unplug the ethernet cable.
  • Install the base game only.  If the EA Download Manager asks to control your install, say no.  The EADM will do everything it can to "upgrade" itself to Origin.
  • When the base game is installed, run the Super Patch and test.
  • Install your packs in order.  When you're done, run the Super Patch again.
  • Test to make sure the game runs.
  • Go online and open the launcher.  Accept any updates it offers; these are not Origin-related.  (Also, it can't download Origin onto your computer for you.)
  • For the missing store content patches, please read this thread:  https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

This is the usual path to installing via disc, and it works for almost everyone.  If you run into trouble, just let me know, and I'll try to help.

Message 4 of 12 (1,257 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! Sorry for the late reply, my internet connection was out for a few days. Anyway, I want to thank you for helping me and providing the instructions on how to download the games without Origin. I will let you know if anything goes wrong.

Message 5 of 12 (1,213 Views)

★★ Novice
@1_Apocryphal_1 I have a question, made some sims. Do I have to delete them too before installing the games via disks?
Message 6 of 12 (1,189 Views)

@1_Apocryphal_1  Nope, you can keep your sims.  Just move the whole TS3 game folder (the one in Documents\Electronic Arts) to the desktop before you uninstall.  Rename the folder as well, just so the cleaner app you're using doesn't delete it as well.

When you're done installing, and you've confirmed everything works, you can copy over the content you want to keep into the new game folder in Documents.  Any sims you've finished in CAS and were ready to place in town will be in Library.  Any you've saved to the CAS bin will be in SavedSims.  These files are completely transferable from one game folder to another, no matter the type of install.  So are your saves themselves, for that matter.  In case you're interested here's a more complete list of everything in your game folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Message 7 of 12 (1,180 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I'm currently in the process of installing the games using the disks. Right now, I'm installing supernaturals. When I want to play do I still need the disk to launch it? Sorry if this sounds stupid, I remember back then it need the disk. I'm just wondering if its still like that. Also, so far I've followed the steps and tested the game and it worked fine.

Message 8 of 12 (1,160 Views)

@1_Apocryphal_1  Yes, you'll need a disc to play, specifically the disc of your newest pack by the date EA released it (so Into the Future if you have that).  This is the disadvantage of disc installs, although on balance, avoiding needing to launch through Origin makes it worth it to many people.

Message 9 of 12 (1,153 Views)

★★ Novice

Last question, can I install origin after following all these steps?

Message 10 of 12 (1,140 Views)