by avaford

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Red X's when in build mode Sims 4

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode in SIMS4 and you will see red X's on certain items which you are not able to view.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to see items to build in SIMS4.
What do you expect to see? No red X's being presented on build mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When in build mode on SIMS4 there are red X's displayed instead of items that you should be able to view. Red X's in Build Mode.PNG

Message 1 of 6 (3,654 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Red X's when in build mode Sims 4

Hero
@avaford Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet (close game, right click in Origin, repair)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,615 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@avaford Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet (close game, right click in Origin, repair)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,616 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you so much for your time, repairing worked I can now see the item instead of the red X's.

Message 3 of 6 (3,592 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem in build mode, so far only in the door category. I recently downloaded two files from the gallery, one sim and one lot, and thought that might be the problem but I have the game installed on two computers and only downloaded the files to my desktop but find the same problem on both computers. I have Windows 7 on my desktop and windows 10 on my laptop. I have the base game only installed and I have no mods and no CC. I tried repair but it did not work for me. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. Is anyone else seeing this:

Message 4 of 6 (3,480 Views)

Hero
@SimSchnecke I see this too. Could you create a bug report in the bug forum for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (3,458 Views)

★★ Novice

Sure, i would be happy to do that.

Message 6 of 6 (3,432 Views)