Re: Red X on All Online Gallery Content

by kreatora

Original Post

Red X on All Online Gallery Content

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been playing Sims 4 on Windows 10, but had to get my computer repaired, which involved resetting my computer. I had backed up my files and everything to re-download Sims 4 again. I was placing back my old files and saves then checked to see that they were in the game, and it was fine. However, when I exited the game and tried to play it once more, a popup showed up from, I think, User Account Control Settings asking if the sims game could access one of its own files. By accident, I clicked no, not knowing that it was asking for access to its own files. Then I tried playing the sims again and when I checked the Sims Gallery, all online content had its thumbnail replaced with a red x and when clicking the content, a popup appeared saying "file not found".

I've tried almost everything from checking firewalls to removing and re-downloading Sims 4. I do use custom content, but I also tried taking out and checking if it did anything, which it didn't. I am wondering if there is any way to undo the action of User Account Control not allowing the game's access to its files.

Message 1 of 6 (2,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ChiptheShiba

You have unnecessarily copied all files from the game folder. All you had to do was copy the 'saves', Tray and TrayDeletedItems file.
I hope that it will be enough when you move your game folder from Documents to the desktop and after switching on, you will let the game create new files and a new game folder.
Delete from your newly created game folder empty saves and Tray folders.
Then copy the same folders from the desktop and paste them into the game folder but not the mods folder. Copy also TrayDeleteItems file.
Check if your Gallery has recovered.
If yes :
Copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
After recent patches, most scripts mods and a large part of CC are now incompatible with the game. The most suspected is the expired UIC mod

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (2,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If i do this, will my saves be deleted?

I mean my households and my gameplays 

Message 3 of 6 (1,654 Views)

@mxeva  When you move your user folder to the desktop, you're not deleting your save or any other files, you're simply preventing the game from reading them for the moment.  You can always put them back later.

For the red Xs in the Gallery issue, please also see this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (1,638 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried making the New folder but the Red x is still there.. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,595 Views)

@mxeva  For the red X issue, please see the post I linked earlier.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (1,572 Views)