Re: Recovering a hypothetical Auto-Save when my game crashed while saving??? Sim

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Recovering a hypothetical Auto-Save when my game crashed while saving??? Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Is there a way to somehow retrace my steps and recover the past FOUR HOURS of gameplay I just put in before I pressed "Save" and the game promptly crashed?? I really should know better by now, my game has been incredibly glitchy from the very beginning and this is not the first time it's happened. And I'm not proud of playing Sims 4 for such a long period of time. But I've never lost this much gameplay and I'd really like it if someone knew whether the autosaves kicked in over that entire period and if there's a place I can recover it all from. Otherwise I'll just keep being sad. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (54,637 Views)

Re: Recovering a hypothetical Auto-Save when my game crashed while saving??? Sim

Hero

The auto-save doesn't really auto-save when one would think it would. I'm not sure it even does save other than when you save anyways or at the start of the game.

You can try though by clicking on the load button and then load the auto-save from there (it's called autosave).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (54,625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is a little button in the loading area that says "recover" and I still lost about 2 hours but it looks like it maybe saves when you leave a lot? Ty for your advice, I recovered at least 3 of my 5 hours I think. T_T

Message 3 of 8 (54,599 Views)

Hero

Hi @Zoaea

the autosave was removed a few patches ago.

The recovery recovers the last backup which was automatically created when you last saved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (54,589 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh, so does that mean it would have picked up at that point regardless? How come the removed auto save? T.T
Message 5 of 8 (54,580 Views)

Hero

Hi @Zoaea

yes, it would have picked up from the last time you saved manually.

They got rid of it cause it never worked properly anyways. It basically only auto-saved when you saved anyways and at the beginning of each session I believe. Since it wasn't doing was everyone was expecting, I think they thought it would better to ditch it.

If you want a working auto-save, I recommend using a mod. MC Command Center has that option.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (54,570 Views)

★★★ Guide

I was creating a custom house. My area lost power at 3:35 am. I know I saved the game prior to that power failure. When I go to look at the last save it says 12:47 am and it says the last family played is a family I wasn't playing.  I essentially lost 90% of what I built in that house, over 2 hours of work.

I am a fanatic when it comes to saving, because of game crashes. Never in my wildest dreams did I think a power outage would wipe out over two hours of game play.

Is there a feature in options that allows me to turn on autosave?

• I was creating a house in Oasis Springs.
  • The household Custom Clubs is in Oasis Springs.
  • When my house lost power and my computer shut off, I was in Oasis Springs, playing the Custom Clubs household and had them visit the new house/lot I created. That was around 3:35 am.
  • I saved the game before I switched from the lot without a household back to the Custom Clubs household.
  • But the game lists my last save with the household two in My Shuno, a household I did not play on 2/21/2019
  1. Why did the game do that? 
  2. How can I find the last save?
  3. Can I recover what was lost between 12:47 am and 3:35 am?
Message 7 of 8 (52,669 Views)

Champion (Retired)

When trying to load did you try the "Recover save" option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 8 (52,661 Views)