Re: Recent update rendered game unplayable

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Recent update rendered game unplayable

★ Novice

So I’ve never really made one of these posts before and I’m not sure if someone is really going to help me out but I know the sims community is very helpful and I thought maybe someone might be able to help. 
I’ve played the sims 4 since I received it as a present way back in 2016 and I have never had a problem with it. I used to play it on my laptop no problem but I bought a pic about five years ago and have used that since. The computer isn’t totally up to date but I’ve never had any problems playing the sims 4 and I do use mods. 
however since the recent update leading to the fancy living game pack or whatever it’s called my game has stopped working all together. My sims would go missing in the roof and the game would glitch and freeze and then shut down after hours of gameplay as I’m saving to exit the game. I removed mods and still the same issue. 
I tried fixing the files two or three times and still the same issue. I even deleted the other games I had on my pc thinking it very well may be them that’s causing the issue.no such look. 
I uninstalled the game and allowed it to reinstall over the past two days. I’ve just come home from a long day and thought that I might try a relaxing game of sims as I haven’t played it yet as I didn’t have the time. 
I live in the uk so I loaded the game probably around half past 8 and it’s currently half past 9 and the game is stuck on the blue loading screen that says the sims 4 with the green plumbob. Normally when my game freezes my PC fan goes nuts trying to get the game to load but currently no sound is coming from it like the game isn’t even open at all. I’ve never experienced these problems before. I have no cc in the game and all of my settings are set to low. Please help as I have spent well over 400 pound on this game for all the packs and things and it’s not loading. As it is a technical issue does anyone know the proper procedure I should take? I don’t want to sound mean but I’ve seen others have no problem with their game since the update so why is mine so messed up? Appreciate it if someone could help because I just want to scream and cry in frustration. Been having this problem for over 2 weeks 

Message 1 of 2 (238 Views)

Re: Recent update rendered game unplayable

@Indrinas  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a save and play in live mode for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't play even with the new folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)