Realm of Magic Glitches

by Simspulse

Original Post

Realm of Magic Glitches

★★★★★ Novice

Sims get stuck in default pose, random dancing when sim transports, sims hand is deformed and many other glitches with the realm of magic.  When will these bugs be fixed?

Message 1 of 14 (5,298 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic Glitches

Hero (Retired)
@Simspulse

Just because you have these errors does not mean that the game has these errors and should be fixed by EA. If that were the case, then thousands of players would have already reported it here and I also would also have these glitches.
If this is not the case, we will start to look for the reason in your game folder or on your computer and try to fix it.
Do you use any CC or mods? It looks like CC related glitches.
If yes - move your mods folder to the desktop
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game, also delete all folders with the word "cache" in the name - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.

If you don't have mods and CC delete this file and folders also. The game will recreate it but without saved errors. Then fix the game.

If it will not work we will try another method but for now, try to fix it in this way.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 14 (5,256 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I do not have any mods. This is a fresh install of the game. Honestly do not know why EA puts out broken content.

It's beyond *lol that you say other players have not reported it.

How to recreate these problems: 

Sim gets stuck when duel (friendly) interaction is selected or a conversation when other sim is downstairs. I believe a sim was coming up the stairs when mine was trying to go down. No sim reset would work, just restarting the game did.  *HQ first basement I think it's only a single staircase.

The glitch with the deformed hand happen when I ask for magical training while the sim was carrying a potion. 

The familar flying in Sims head happened with bind feature. 

Sim dancing after using testcheats to enable shift click teleport - Happens every other time. 

I think it pointless to repair game on fresh install. 

Message 3 of 14 (5,225 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's just a series of endless glitches.

Spellcasters fly broom indoors or fly and get stuck in random places.

Door routing is wrong on new doors- sims walk through part of the wall where the door is 

Message 4 of 14 (5,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Simspulse

I can't reproduce these bugs because my game works perfectly.
Have you removed this file and folders as I asked?
Did you fix the game in Origin?

I'm not an EA employee. I'm a player like you. I'm just trying to help other players

Message 5 of 14 (5,168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I get that and appreciate the help.

Yes, I removed the file/repaired and more glitches occurred. Now Witches fly indoors and get stuck. The sim  I've been test playing with won't follow commands. So it takes several sim hours to complete one task. Also, I was able to recreate the sim stair glitch again. This time with teleport and trying to chat with a sim downstairs. 

I think dancing is gone but I have only played for a few hours, not like the 30 I played when I first got the random dancing. When I get it consistent enough to have it happen every time. I will update on how I did it. Few people had this glitch but it was every time they asked the sim to do something.   

Ok so the familiar flying in the sims head is only when you transport to another level doesn't matter if it is up or downstairs. it works every time with the magic transport. 

Message 6 of 14 (5,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2-KEFO65c A video of what I did, sorry for cam movement. 

Message 7 of 14 (5,106 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Simspulse

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.

Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

By the way. If it will be work save the game option "Save as .. number " - not "Save and Quit".

I don't work for EA
Message 8 of 14 (5,077 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@kreatora As I said before I do not have mods on this computer. This is a newly installed game (all 32).  I've repaired it even though it was not necessary. Glitches still exist although these problems do not bother me. It bothers my daughter. She refuses to switch to 4 because she thinks s4 is very glitchy/sloppy. 

I appreciate your help but do not think this has anything to do with mods seeming as my 6-year-old doesn't use them. It is a fresh install of the game.  Hopefully 

EA will fix the sloppy rush job because I don't think she will continue to play and will stick to s2/s3. I would fix the problems myself via mods but do not think it's my job to polish an unfinished half baked GP.  

Thanks though    

Message 9 of 14 (5,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Simspulse

Is your game running on a 32-bit system?
If yes read here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/td-...
The factory reset is not only to eliminate mods problem. This is done to eliminate the possibility that the cause of errors is in the game folder. If you don't have mods just skip this step about mods,
If the game has no errors in the new clean folder, it means something went wrong with the game files.
if it still has these faults, then you should look for the reasons on your computer
I don't even know if you're on PC or Mac
And these error causes are different - depending on the system.
 Not current graphics and hardware drivers, background programs such as Discord and open graphics programs. Too little free space on C drive - should be at least 20GB, too little RAM to use for the game, failed Windows updates - if you have Widows, overheating hardware.
You should understand that before we start looking on the computer I wanted to eliminate the possibility that the reason is in the game files.
One reason is already found if the game works on 32 bits, it can result in such errors. The game can be changed to 64 bits in Origin, but it depends on your system. if your system works in 32 bits, then, of course, you can't do it.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag? You can do it only if you have Windows system
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

Message 10 of 14 (5,038 Views)