Re: Read me 12 sims 3

by brionard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Read me 12 sims 3

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictHello. Regarding the pm, you were right. It deleted some of my progress and I was able to save again. RAM that sims3 is using 2,158 mb. I started to create more saves, so it doesn't happen again. 

Message 1 of 3 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

@brionard  It's still possible that the Error 12 was due to a different resource, not RAM, for example perhaps it was video memory.  (Sims 3 can only use 800 MB, even if your computer has much more.)  It's always a good idea to save frequently, and often use "save as" to rename the save so you have backups.

It can also help to build or create new sims in a new, separate save, then transfer the content to your existing save.  That way, if you spend a couple hours opening various catalogs of items, you're doing so while the game doesn't also need to keep track of your regular sims, their friendships, their inventories, etc.  The in-game library is common to all saves, so anything stored there can be placed in your existing save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (409 Views)

All Replies

@brionard  It's still possible that the Error 12 was due to a different resource, not RAM, for example perhaps it was video memory.  (Sims 3 can only use 800 MB, even if your computer has much more.)  It's always a good idea to save frequently, and often use "save as" to rename the save so you have backups.

It can also help to build or create new sims in a new, separate save, then transfer the content to your existing save.  That way, if you spend a couple hours opening various catalogs of items, you're doing so while the game doesn't also need to keep track of your regular sims, their friendships, their inventories, etc.  The in-game library is common to all saves, so anything stored there can be placed in your existing save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (410 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Okay. Thanks for the help, I will do this! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Message 3 of 3 (404 Views)