Re: unrecognized video card sims 4

by RunaAster

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

That`s okay. No I just deleted some config that was not needed earlier. That was just to show that the same thing is happening my bin now instead of the config (if that made sense?). I haven`t deleted any bin folders, I`m just lookig through them rn. Tying to find the correct date with the bin and see if graphicscards.sgr is inside it. 

Update: I found in the bin folder and now I`m just going to do the steps and seee if my saves will come back. Thanks again

Message 31 of 44 (619 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RunaAster 

There should be exactly one in the mentioned path. Notice that by default Windows search searches all your drives. You can see it because there are results that only inlude bin such as "binsearch" that do not belong in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\ folder. Only bin and bin_LE should be in that folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 32 of 44 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  

Now if you want to fix the unrecognized card issue, open the copy of graphicscards.sgr that's now inside the Bin folder.  Use crtl-F to find 5916, change it to 5917, save, and quit.  Then check the config.log file that's in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to see if your card is now listed as found and supported.  

I did all that and then I launched the game and quit and it still says

Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]

The modified date also matches the last time I opened the game. Weird but will it keep on delete my game or not? Or is it fine to ignore, that found don`t say 1

Maybe it will work again when I move everything from the the subfolder to the new electronics arts and sims 4 folder that the game can read

Also I have run like 3 dxdiag earlier so I don`t think thats the solution, but If you advice that I ofc will do it. Also since everything is fixed else where now maybe a dxdiag is what it need to fix the config

Message 33 of 44 (607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\ folder

This is the folder (  C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\ folder) tho and also bin and bin_LE when I search for them

bin.JPG

Message 34 of 44 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@RunaAster 

No, that is one folder up. You need to doubleclick the Game folder you see in your image.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 35 of 44 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

Oh yea I found the graphicscards.sgr in the bin one too. Thank you.

One thing tho 

bin 3.JPG

Look at Bin_LE date (thats from the last time I opened the game). Shouldn`t Bin also have that date?

Also the graphicscards.sgr inside both the Bin_LE and the Bin folder have the correct date (last time I opened game)

Message 36 of 44 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@RunaAster 

No, the date is the creation date of the folder. It changes when there is a patch to the game or you install a new expansion.

Message 37 of 44 (540 Views)

★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

Oh I`m dumb so everything fine then. Thanks for the help

I will updater here later about if I got my saves back.

Message 38 of 44 (536 Views)

@RunaAster wrote:

@jpkarlsen 

Oh yea I found the graphicscards.sgr in the bin one too. Thank you.

One thing tho 

bin 3.JPG

Look at Bin_LE date (thats from the last time I opened the game). Shouldn`t Bin also have that date?

Also the graphicscards.sgr inside both the Bin_LE and the Bin folder have the correct date (last time I opened game)

Just to clarify, the reason the Bin_LE folder has a last modified date from today is probably because you edited the graphicscards.sgr file inside it.  That won't do anything for your game.  Open the Bin folder, not Bin_LE but Bin, in this screenshot, find that copy of graphicscards.sgr, and apply the edit I described.

In the future, instead of searching for folders, it's usually easier to open one directly if you know where it's located.  Searches are great for finding stuff, like when you found your config.log, but you can also find files and folders that shouldn't be touched.  In this case, you can open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, then Program files (x86), and open the successive folders directly from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 39 of 44 (449 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

Thanks for the explanation cuz I`m not super handy with computers and its good me to understand the reason. I opened the Bin folder and change the numer to 17. If you mean that was the edit I should apply?  Or I didn`t because it was already numbered 17 (Bin folder yes, not Bin_LE)

So now I can`t just copy the sims 4 stuff from the wrong subfolder to the new electronics art and sims 4 and see if my saves appear in the game. 

Or do you think its more to do? 

Also with the config  

Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]

Will it still be an issue for the gameplay if it will not change to 1? I feel like I done almost everything to try to get it to change but my only question is will it keep on deleting my games or not? If it stays all the time like: Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]. Because if it will not effect the game or my saves then I don`t care if it reads 0

Message 40 of 44 (435 Views)