Re: unrecognized video card sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Last date is today 30.03.2020 08.46 .

Yeaa I don`t have that. I don`t have the sims 3 folder, but I know I used to have that because i have seen that before. 

At this point maybe I should delete everything from my sims folders and re download the sims and the packs?  Just joking, as you said its good to learn how to fix my game, and you proberly tell me if thats what I needed to do

Message 11 of 44 (483 Views)

@RunaAster  That was a typo on my part; I meant Sims 4.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but this is crucial if you want to be able to recover your old saves.  Open a File Explorer window, search for config, hover over the config.log file, look at the file path beneath the word "config," and write it here.  If you see more than one config file, do this for each one.

If you can't do this, run the search, click on the config file, click Open File Location (a big yellow button with an arrow on it that you'll see above the list of search results), and you'll go to the folder where that file is currently located.  Then copy the file path above the list of files and folders, and paste it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 44 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah ofc not, I know your just trying to help me (:

this is beneath config?

but do you mean Tray folder and then after that the saves folder because that whats under the config, I couldn`t attach none of them here for some reason

Message 13 of 44 (434 Views)

@RunaAster  Please read the instructions and follow them exactly:

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

click on the config file, click Open File Location (a big yellow button with an arrow on it that you'll see above the list of search results), and you'll go to the folder where that file is currently located.  Then copy the file path above the list of files and folders, and paste it here.

The file path is exactly there, above the list of files and folders and below all the buttons in a File Explorer window.  Highlight it with your cursor, crtl-C to copy, crtl-V to paste it into the reply.

Message 14 of 44 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If I got it wrong now I`m ashamed

C:\Users\runaa\Documents\Ikke skole\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

^ that means not school btw

Message 15 of 44 (409 Views)

@RunaAster  Okay, this is the issue, or at least part of it.  Your Sims 4 folder needs to be in Documents\Electronic Arts, as in, the full path should be:

C:\Users\runaa\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

If it's anywhere else, like how you have the Electronic Arts folder in a subfolder within Documents, the game won't read it and will create a new folder.  Try launching the game once more, then look in Documents for a new Electronic Arts folder, and a new Sims 4 folder within that.

Message 16 of 44 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

found it, shoud I just copy everything in to there or move everything thing from the old sims 4 file? and then see what the config says.

I only want to make sure cuz you said thats part of the issue, so there`s something more to do after that proberly (?)

C:\Users\runaa\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Message 17 of 44 (343 Views)

@RunaAster  Just launch the game once, go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 (not Documents\Ikke skole\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), and make sure there's a config file in there.  If there isn't, or if there is no new Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, let me know.

If there is a config.log, you can open it and check the found and supported values for your graphics card like before.

But it's still best to confirm that the files are appearing where they're supposed to be before you do anything else.

Message 18 of 44 (326 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thats the new config:

Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]

Found 0 is proberly because all my other sims stuff in the "old" sims folder. I also have a question, everytime I play in the future (when my game will work again) will the game always create a new elctronic atrs and sims 4 folders after I quite the game or is that just because my game is currently broken?

Also what to do now? Move everything to the new one

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 19 of 44 (320 Views)

@RunaAster  The unrecognized card has nothing to do with the content in your old folder.  The config file just lists how the game itself, as in, the contents of the program files, reads your hardware.

If you're interested in trying to get your card recognized again, please open a File Explorer window, click on This PC, then open this in order:

Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Open graphicscards.sgr, hit crtl-F and search for 5917, and take a screenshot of what you see.  You can taks a screenshot by hitting Windows key-shift-S and dragging your cursor over the section of the screen you want to capture.

If you're not interested in looking into that issue, then yes, move the contents of your old Sims 4 folder into the new one in Documents\Electronic Arts.  It's best to copy the files, not just drag and drop.  That way, your old folder can be your backup copy of your saves in case you ever need it later.

Message 20 of 44 (311 Views)