Re: unrecognized video card sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So I tried that, when I opened the game it didn`t come up with a warning about no video card suprisingly so I think something is getting fixed but not completly fixed yet because it still says: 

[Found: 0, Supported: 1]

Though you said I should let you know if the date don`t match on the config file.  The date don`t match I opened the game just now and the file date still says 16.03 (the last time I played before everything was gone). 

Message 1 of 44 (952 Views)

Accepted Solution

@RunaAster  It's not a huge issue, no, although it's always nice to have your card recognized.  If you're ready to be done with this part of the troubleshooting, that's totally understandable.  Just copy and paste (again, don't drag and drop, copy and paste so you have a backup) your saves and Tray items into the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, and they should show up in your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 41 of 44 (740 Views)

All Replies

@RunaAster  That means you're not looking at the same config file the game is using.  Open a File Explorer window and search for "config" without quotes.  You'll see the file you've been viewing, plus at least one other; you'll be able to tell which one is current by its last modified date.

This could also explain why your content disappeared: the game is no longer reading the folder that contains your saves.  While you're searching, you can look inside the saves folder in any Sims 4 user data folder you find (each will have exactly one config.log), and maybe you'll be able to recover your old saves.

If you're having trouble sorting this out, just let me know how many config files you find, their last modified dates, and whether there are any older saves inside the saves folder in the same place.

By the way, your dxdiag doesn't have any new graphics card driver errors, so that's good.

Message 2 of 44 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes I found it omg . Sorry to be asking so much tho. I also founda bunch of others config with so their proberly connected to my saves and I would like to get all of them back too. Now to my question, how should I assure the game is reading the file I added from the last time I opened the game? Also to get my saves back to I need to get the game to read the last file config file when I played?

Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]

How to fix that? I have fixed everything in DxDiag

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 3 of 44 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]

@RunaAster  I've split your posts into their own thread, since this isn't about your graphics card not being in the database anymore.  You can find the last post with instructions for adding your card here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-READ-Unrecognized-Video-Card/m-p/8882426#M16953...

Please search again for your various config.log files.  For each one you find, go back one level, to the Sims 4 folder the config file is in.  Wherever that folder is, move it to the desktop and put a number on the end of its name: The Sims 4 1, The Sims 4 2, etc.  So now you'll have an assortment of folders on your desktop, where you can find them more easily.

Next, please delete the config file from inside each of those folders.  Search one more time to make sure there aren't any leftover config files on your computer.  If there are, please go to each file location, highlight that config file, copy its file location (in the File Explorer window immediately above the list of files), and paste it into a reply.

Let me know whether you've managed to delete all the config files, as well as how many Sims 4 folders you find.

Message 4 of 44 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have to ask since I can`t make any mistake. So should I copy all the config files to one folder on my desktop? Then delete then one`s who are not on the desktop? Should I also delete my sims 4 folders? Or only the one`s connected to the diffrent config files? Once again thanks for taking the time, If you want to give up I don`t blame you. I  proberly ask too much, but think of it as explaining it to a child. Never had mods or CC so have never had to do anything with my folders and files etc. 

Message 5 of 44 (806 Views)
Highlighted

@RunaAster  I'm not interested in giving up, and besides, a lot of people don't learn to do this kind of thing until they have to.

As of now, before you've moved anything around, each config.log should be inside a Sims 4 folder.  Move each of those Sims 4 folders (the whole folders, not anything inside) to your desktop, separately.  Put a number on the end of each folder, so they don't all have the same name (The Sims 4 1, The Sims 4 2, etc.).  Absolutely do not delete these folders, at least not yet.  Go into each of them and delete the config.log file, but nothing else.

Once you've deleted those files search your computer for "config" again, and make sure there aren't any other files besides the ones in the recycle bin.  Let me know.

Message 6 of 44 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Okay thanks, good point.

I get what your trying to make me do and this not to ask more question. There`s a problem, each of those config files are not in their own sims folder. Thats the issue. I only find them separatly and not connected to a folder. Its seems at the moment I only have two sims 4 folders and there not any config in any of them.

I tried to connect config`s folder here but I couldn`t be done fore some reason. Its basically all the 10 config in one folder and I found like 20 a few days ago (a lot is misssing). 

Message 7 of 44 (762 Views)

@RunaAster  That's a lot of config files.  But since they're all loose, so to speak, let's do this a different way.  Delete all the config files (just those, nothing else), search your computer again to make sure you got them all, restart, launch Origin and Sims 4, quit, and search again for a config.  You should now only have one.  Please copy the file path of that file and paste it into a reply.

Message 8 of 44 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This one:

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 9 of 44 (704 Views)

@RunaAster  Okay, thanks, it's good to see it.  But please double-check the last modified date, and also let me know the full file path.  You're looking for something like C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Message 10 of 44 (690 Views)