Re: sims 4 crashing no error message

by Lola38103

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there, i have just updated everything to its current update yesterday. Today, i cannot get past the loading screen when i hit resume or when i try to load into my household. Here is the dxdiag log thing, please help!

Message 1 of 7 (415 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Lola38103  When the game minimizes to the Task Bar, it's usually because another app has demanded attention, for example Windows notifications.  Or it's because you accidentally clicked the Windows key on your keyboard.

If this is happening regularly and you're sure you're not accidentally hitting that key, look for notifications or anything else on your screen that's trying to grab your attention.  Once you figure out what app is interfering, you can change its settings, for example telling notifications to pause while gaming.  The exact setting(s) to change will depend on the app.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (303 Views)

All Replies

@Lola38103  I've split your post into its own thread because the other thread you posted in was somewhat old, and I don't want it to be closed before we're done troubleshooting.

Your computer's Nvidia graphics driver is several years old, and all the Sims 4 errors in your dxdiag could easily be related to an outdated driver.  So please update it.  You can get the newest driver from Nvidia here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/194381/en-us/

Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Choose the custom install route and check the box to perform a clean install.  Restart your computer after installing and before trying to play.

Message 2 of 7 (405 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you

I tried it and it loaded faster than before, but ultimately crashed again Frown here is the log again to see if it helps

Message 3 of 7 (361 Views)

@Lola38103  As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

Message 4 of 7 (350 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, I have been playing in live mode for a bit. I did CAS, build mode, and live mode for a while. What's weird is my game will close out, but still be in the task bar and I can click on it and open it right up again

Message 5 of 7 (330 Views)

@Lola38103  When the game minimizes to the Task Bar, it's usually because another app has demanded attention, for example Windows notifications.  Or it's because you accidentally clicked the Windows key on your keyboard.

If this is happening regularly and you're sure you're not accidentally hitting that key, look for notifications or anything else on your screen that's trying to grab your attention.  Once you figure out what app is interfering, you can change its settings, for example telling notifications to pause while gaming.  The exact setting(s) to change will depend on the app.

Message 6 of 7 (304 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I can now play in live mode without crashing. Now I've narrowed down an issue that won't let my Sims travel to a piece of broken CC, thank you for all your help!

Message 7 of 7 (281 Views)