Re: sims 4 crashed while loading in household

by junrongjr27

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sims 4 just crash when i try to load in to just 1 household. the other saved household works fine. i created the household myself so i dont know where is the problem.

@crinrict can you help me out?

this is my dxdiag. i;m not sure what could be the problem

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 1 of 10 (482 Views)

Hero
@junrongjr27 If it's just one particular household, it's usually something with that household

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (454 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes I have mods. But these mods works fine with other saves. I have 3 saves. When I put in save no. 1 and no. 2, both with mods it works fine. When I put in save no. 3 without mod it crashes same goes to when it have mod it also crashes.
Message 3 of 10 (444 Views)

Hero
@junrongjr27 Maybe it's corrupted.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (433 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@crinrict hi sir i just sent it to you and in my save file i have a scratch file as well, somehow it appear not sure since when. do you need that?
Message 5 of 10 (421 Views)

Hero
@junrongjr27 No, scratch folder is a temp folder that should get deleted when you close the game. Since yours crashes, the folders stays.

I'll take a look

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (419 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict somehow the save household stopped appreaing in my game. its in the save folder under documents. but my in game cant read it for some reason.
Message 7 of 10 (408 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@junrongjr27 So I looked at your save and it doesn't crash for me.

I see we haven't tried a factory reset yet so try that.

Factory Reset

Hi

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Just put back your save game and try again. If it works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (385 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi sir, it doesn't work for me. I followed the instruction to reset it then created a new game and everythinng was fine. Then i started putting in my saves one by one. 1st save all good, proceed to 2nd save and all loading good in to the household without crashing. When it comes to the 3rd save, it crash at the diamond spining screen when i'm trying to load in the household. I followed the instruction so its a clean game without mods and trays.
Message 9 of 10 (367 Views)

Hero
@junrongjr27 when you put in the third save, are 1 & 2 still fine ? I assume 3 is the one you sent me ?

Do you get a file called lastcrash.txt in your doc folder ? If so, can you upload (either create a rar file and upload that or cop/paste the content to a post)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (352 Views)