Re: sim is invisible

by GracieP7509

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have an invisible child sim with a visible plumbob and icon, it's able to complete most actions but when I tried to make it shower, enter a pool or change outfits it just stood Infront of the object and could not interact with it. I can change the sim's appearance with a mirror and in that it is not invisible but upon leaving is still invisible. My sim cannot be selected to be interacted with by other sims and cannot be selected to blow out candles on a birthday cake. I've attempted to reset it with the cheat multiple times which has resulted in the clearing of its queue but no change. Is there anything else I can do to unglitch him?

Message 1 of 2 (227 Views)

@GracieP7509  Please try changing all this sim's outfits as well as the hairstyle(s).  Don't use any kind of custom content in any category.

If that doesn't help, evict the sim and an adult in Edit Town and move them back into their house.  You can split and merge the household in Edit Town so that the other sims are unaffected: sims evicted this way will lose their promised wishes and opportunities, although they'll keep their jobs and relationships.

If this doesn't help, use "save as" to rename the save, so the original remains intact as a backup.  Then quit to desktop, delete the five cache files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and try again.  For reference, these are the files:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)