Re: can you go to different neighborhoods in sims 3?

by igazor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

No that’s why I’m not spending anymore money on sims3.  At least in sims 4 you can go to different worlds

Message 1 of 10 (762 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide
@Marina_Pearl79 For those not averse to using mods, interworld travel and sims living in different connected worlds within the same ongoing game are possible with NRaas Traveler.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (758 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
@Marina_Pearl79 For those not averse to using mods, interworld travel and sims living in different connected worlds within the same ongoing game are possible with NRaas Traveler.
Message 2 of 10 (759 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for telling me about this.  I might try it out.

Message 3 of 10 (737 Views)

★ Apprentice
@igazor Silly question I suppose, but do you have a link to the download? Only mod I ever got to work was on a Mac. Now I’m on Windows and clueless. Thanks in advance
Message 4 of 10 (718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Marina_Pearl79- Well yes, since I actually help to run NRaas. I believe the rules allow us to mention and recommend age appropriate mods here but they prohibit us from actually linking to mod sites. If you do a google or other website search for NRaas, we shouldn't be that difficult to find and if you join (it's all free, of course) and post on our forum, we can direct you to instructions on how to set up the Framework to work with mods and other package based files. It's not really any different on Windows vs. the macOS.

If I have overstated the restrictions on mod discussion here, I am sure one of the delightful helpers on this board will come along and inform us better.  Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (707 Views)

I don't know who's supposed to be "delightful" around here.  @igazor is exactly right though: we can name mods and describe how they work, provided they don't introduce content that raises the game's rating.  We just can't link them, or any third-party downloads not from an official source (Apple, Microsoft, Nvidia, etc.).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 10 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict  - You'll do if no one else was available. (just kidding, of course I expected you to be the one to respond unless we caught you on a rare offline mode day...)

Message 7 of 10 (673 Views)

@igazor  Offline mode day?  Is that a thing?  No idea why people would do that; it sounds so irrational.

Anyway @Marina_Pearl79, if you have more questions about installing mods, or which one(s) you'd want for a specific purpose, the forum at NRaas is a great place to ask.  The mod support here is limited, as is the mod-related knowledge of the people who typically post here, by which I mean me.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 10 (663 Views)

★ Apprentice
@igazor Thanks again. I was able to find the site this time and I saw the Traveler, with a complete list. For some reason when I googled it before I got everything but the direct site. I will try it for sure
Message 9 of 10 (639 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for your help with this and keeping me informed.
Message 10 of 10 (637 Views)