Re: a serious error occurred while loading (name). we strongly recommend restart

by sims3girl120

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Re: a serious error occurred while loading (name). we strongly recommend restart

★★★★ Novice

Please... I’ve been playing this one world for a long time and nothing I do is working! I’ve done everything this thread suggested... do I give up and loose hundreds of hours worth of progress? I don’t know what to do anymore... I’ve done every possible thing to try and resolve this issue but nothing has worked...

Message 1 of 12 (728 Views)

Accepted Solution

@sims3girl120  Is your cc in .package format?  If so, it would be in Mods\Packages, not in a .dbc bundle in DCCache.

If you have a different save where the cc is present, you can temporarily put your old Sims 3 folder back, load that save, take a look at its description, and then google it.  You might find somewhere to redownload it.  Or, if that doesn't work, you can start removing files from your old folder and testing.  When the cc disappears, you'll know it was in the batch of files you removed.

There are plenty of ways to track down cc, it's just a question of being patient, or deciding that patience is overrated and redownloading it instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (596 Views)

All Replies

@sims3girl120  Please describe exactly what you've done so far.  And if you're getting a different error, please list it or take a screenshot.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 12 (703 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Honestly at this point I don’t think that world can be saved. My store content kept uninstalling, and  then their icons keep turning into packages on the launcher saying they weren’t installed. One of them happened to be the world I was playing on- dragon valley. I tried reinstalling them, but they said I needed a nonexistent update to sims 3, so they constantly kept failing. The error I received was the same one the original poster received, about how there was a serious error loading (save name) and the game should be restarted. I followed instructions to delete everything in my dc backup folder except the merged file, but in the end that got rid of half my cc, so I brought everything back because that was destroying years worth of favorite saved sims. I messed with the saved files like instructed in other posts, but it still did nothing. I believe it is the fault of the initial error of dragon valley uninstalling and that exact world copy being unable to be reinstalled 

Message 3 of 12 (717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

all my store content continues to refuse to install, even after i temporarily cleared out the dcbackup folder. content with the flower? icon is installed, but everything with the store bought package logo wont install, and i fear dragon valley will uninstall again. it wont let me keep my toddler walker, cow plant, or violin in game and Ive grown tired and frustrated. ive played this game for ten years, but only now things are behaving in this manner.

Message 4 of 12 (705 Views)

@sims3girl120  I've split your posts into their own thread, since the original thread was quite old.

If the problem with the save is that the world it takes place in isn't properly installed, then the save might be perfectly fine once that world starts loading correctly.  But given how you've described the store content issues, it's best to install all of it from scratch.  Your other content might be fine, but it can be dealt with later.

Please move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to create a clean folder, then download just one small store item and install it.  Launch the game, start a new save, make sure that store item works, and quit (without saving your progress, if you want).  If it does work, download and install Dragon Valley, but nothing else yet; install it, test in-game, and make sure the other items that come with DV work too.  Then restart your computer and test DV again, just to be thorough.

If everything looks good, you can install the rest of your store content in small batches: no more than about six items at a time.  (The launcher doesn't manage large amounts of data very well.)  Worlds should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.  To save yourself some time, it's best to copy the new Sims 3 user data folder, the one into which you're installing store content, every time you test and see that the content works.  That way, if you suddenly run into problems, you can trash the folder you're using and put the next newest copy back.

Once all your store content is installed and working, go into your original Sims 3 folder (the one you moved), open Saves, right-click on the folder with your save name, and select Copy.  Then open the Saves folder inside the new Sims 3 folder, click in the blank space, and select Paste.  (Copying and pasting is better than dragging and dropping because you'll have the original copy of the save as a backup, in case you need it.)  Your save should now be listed at the Main Menu.  Try to load it and play for a bit, and let me know whether it works.  Don't worry about missing items—you can move over your custom content later.

If any of this doesn't work, please tell me what happens, and when, as well as whether you get any more error messages.

Message 5 of 12 (668 Views)

★★★★ Novice

all the steps you had laid out worked perfectly, and oh lord, all my sims without cc on them are laughable. What do I do next for all my other things, placing them back in game? All my saved sims, worlds, cc, mods, everything I had built up. What do I do next? Everything is back the way I left it, minus all the missing mods and cc in that world. My mods where just standard nraas I’ve had for months 

Message 6 of 12 (648 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict sorry I forgot I’m supposed to tag /)_-) this is my first time using these forums, I apologize 

Message 7 of 12 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sims3girl120  You can move everything over to your new folder, except for the store content you've reinstalled.  Store content is bundled into .ebc files in DCCache, and of course worlds and venues land in InstalledWorlds and Library, respectively.  The .dbc files, with a D, in DCCache are bundled custom content, and they don't interact with store stuff.  Moving most of this is as simple as copying and pasting, although you should still do it in batches, e.g. your .dbc files, then your NRaas mods, then your other mods, etc., and test each time.

If you've installed third-party lots or worlds, you can move those files over too.  The .world files in InstalledWorlds should be properly labeled, so you'll know which ones are from store worlds and can delete those instead of moving them over.  The Library files might be a bit harder to distinguish, as they're normally named with seemingly random strings of letters and numbers.

What you may be able to do is put your old Sims 3 folder back temporarily, then uninstall any store venues from the launcher, if they're still listed there.  If not though, just move the Library files over in groups, and make sure you don't have any duplicate venues in the in-game bin, and that the ones you do have still work.  Or, if you're feeling lucky, sort the Library files by size, compare the ones in the old folder to the ones in the new folder, and delete any that are exactly the same size.

Moving the rest of the content over is straightforward.  Here's a complete list of the files in your user data folder, along with explanations of what you'd want to keep and what can be deleted.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

As always, be sure to delete the five cache files in your user data folder any time you add or remove content.  If you use NRaas mods, you know this already, but for reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

P.S.  You're fine not tagging, although it does make things easier.  But in this section at least, the traffic is low enough that I don't usually miss stuff.

Message 8 of 12 (632 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’ve done everything you said- but as I had feared, my most favorite cc is completely missing. Could it be in an end file? I don’t know what to do, I can’t seem to find it at all, and I’m panicking since that destroys really important sims... I’m just frustrated with having to deal with this mess, I don’t know what to do. I moved over all my dbc files, but those items aren’t showing up

@puzzlezaddict 

Message 9 of 12 (603 Views)

@sims3girl120  Is your cc in .package format?  If so, it would be in Mods\Packages, not in a .dbc bundle in DCCache.

If you have a different save where the cc is present, you can temporarily put your old Sims 3 folder back, load that save, take a look at its description, and then google it.  You might find somewhere to redownload it.  Or, if that doesn't work, you can start removing files from your old folder and testing.  When the cc disappears, you'll know it was in the batch of files you removed.

There are plenty of ways to track down cc, it's just a question of being patient, or deciding that patience is overrated and redownloading it instead.

Message 10 of 12 (597 Views)