Re: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000014 at address 0x1027f2cb

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@xXBatChanXx It's doesn't work fo me...
Message 1 of 7 (1,002 Views)

@Kamignon  Can you please describe your issue more fully?  This thread is several years old, and the original participants have undoubtedly moved on.  But if you give me a bit more information, I can try to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (986 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Sorry, I was thinking that no one were still active on this post. Infact I've got the same problem as everyone else. I downloaded contents (homes anf grounds) and since my game is very slow. I would like to delete everything, but every time I try, I receive the same error message, and my game close event if I choose "No". I tried to delete folders in the "Sims 3" folder but it did not work. I'm looking for a solution since 2 day on French, English, and Spanish forums but I still havn't found a solution. Sorry for my English  I'm French :)

Message 3 of 7 (986 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Kamignon
Sorry, I was thinking that no one were still active on this post. Infact I've got the same problem as everyone else. I downloaded contents (homes anf grounds) and since my game is very slow. I would like to delete everything, but every time I try, I receive the same error message, and my game close event if I choose "No". I tried to delete folders in the "Sims 3" folder but it did not work. I'm looking for a solution since 2 day on French, English, and Spanish forums but I still havn't found a solution. Sorry for my English I'm French Standard smile
Message 4 of 7 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kamignon  Your English is fine, so don't worry about that.  There are still a few people around to help with Sims 3, here and elsewhere, even though there aren't so many questions these days.

When you install content via the launcher, it lands in two or three different places, all in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  The first place is in DCCache.  Official store content is bundled into .ebc files, and custom content (whether you get it through the Exchange or elsewhere) is bundled into .dbc files.  These bundles are numbered sequentially, with the oldest being dcdb0 for each type of file, and the newest having the highest number.

When an item is installed through the launcher, a backup copy lands in DCBackup as well.  These files are mostly useless—their only purpose is to make sure your cc sticks to your sims if you upload them yourself.  You can delete everything in DCBackup except for ccmerged.package, which is necessary to make your premium store content work.

If you install a household or a build, you'll also get a file in Library.  If you install a sim that appears in Create a Sim, it will generate a file in SavedSims.  If you install a world, it will create a file in InstalledWorlds.  SavedSims and InstalledWorlds entries are properly labeled, but Library files are not.  You can still tell them apart by their creation dates though, or you can delete the entries from the in-game bin (the one you see in Edit Town when you want to place a family or building), and they'll disappear from Library as well.

If you want to flush out all your custom content and start over, the fastest way to do that would be to first delete everything from the in-game bin that you don't need, then delete all the .dbc files in DCCache, and all the files in DCBackup except for ccmerged.  Be sure to delete the five cache files in your game folder as well; this should be done any time you add or remove content from your game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If you want to only remove the most recent additions to your game, you can delete the highest-numbered .dbc files (leave the .ebc files alone) in DCCache, and all the new files in the other folders described above.  (You can sort by creation date easily enough.)  You'll still want to clear out DCBackup though.

If you just want to uninstall a few items, but the launcher isn't working, there's a technique called Method by Mell that can help.  It involves looking at one .dbc file at a time, so the launcher doesn't get overwhelmed and crash or hang.  Scroll down on this page to see it:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

Message 5 of 7 (970 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your very complet answer. I have try everything you tell me, and erase all DCCache and DCBackup files, and also the .dbc files. But I've stell the same error message, and my exchange content is still on my game launcher on "Install Content". I havn't touche at the Library content because they are quite old (2017). I have also erase my exchange content in the game, but I doesn't change anything. Maybe my game is too old, I'm going to wait somes day, see if theyre is a changing, and keep going playing with my slow game. Thank you for your time, I think there is no solution for me.
Message 6 of 7 (941 Views)

@Kamignon  That's strange that the content would still be listed.  The Exchange files you've downloaded would still show up in Downloads in the launcher, and in the Downloads folder inside your Sims 3 game folder, but there shouldn't be anything installed.

At any rate, you can sort through this easily enough by removing your entire game folder from Documents; just put it on your desktop.  When you open the launcher again, a clean folder will be created with no content.  You can transfer your saves and any other content you want to keep into this folder, and leave the rest in your old folder.  You may want to move the files over in batches, so you can test after each batch and see whether the problem shows up again.

Message 7 of 7 (933 Views)