Re: The Sims 3- Pixelated Shadows

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry to bump up a very old thread but I've been having the same issue and there didn't seem to be any solution here and I couldn't find anything else on this. My game has the same issue, the shadows on my sims neck go incredibly boxy and pixelated when they're outdoors in the sun. Is this a glitch or just by design and if it is a glitch is there anything in the code I should change to make it normal?

Screenshot-31.jpg

Message 1 of 2 (604 Views)
Highlighted

@Onverser  I've split your post into its own thread since the other thread was so old and didn't have any relevant info.  There's no bright line for what constitutes a necro, but past about two years, threads generally get locked.

Anyway, the pixellation is unavoidable to some extent: it has to do with how Sims 3 itself is programmed, and the game would likely need to be remastered with HD textures to address it.  However, I did see some improvement with the same issue by getting my graphics card recognized and getting rid of the texture memory override.  If you need help with this process, let me know.

If you have an Nvidia card, you can also set the driver to run Sims 3 with anti-aliasing enabled.  This also doesn't get rid of the pixellation but can help with rough edges more generally, so the shadow effect might not be as obvious.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (587 Views)