Re: Sims 4 stuck on Verifying Game Files

by SheepyCakes

Original Post

@mahamari  The only other thing I can think to suggest at this point is to uninstall Sims 4 and reinstall it to a different location on your computer, specifically a new folder that you create for that purpose.  I don't remember where the Steam setting is for this, or to be honest whether Steam even allows you to choose a custom install location, but if not, you could uninstall Steam too and install it into that new folder.  The default install location is within Steam's program files, so that's where the game will land too.

You'll need to redo the exceptions after reinstalling, and I'd suggest leaving your antivirus disabled during the install process and only reenabling it afterwards.

@SheepyCakes  If you've tried the other suggestions in this thread, you can try reinstalling too.  This is simple for Origin-only installs: open Application Settings > Installs & Saves to choose the default install location.  Or you can instead use the Move Game function to move Sims 4's program files without uninstalling.  Right-click on the game's icon in your Origin library to see the option.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 28 (389 Views)

★★★ Novice

I said I already did this... I already uninstalled with the Revo uninstaller. I reinstalled. I reset the install location. I created a folder specifically for the Sims 4 installation. I have already done everything suggested here.

Message 22 of 28 (363 Views)

@SheepyCakes  Does the same thing happen if you use the EA App?  Do you have a third-party antivirus, and if so, which one?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 28 (352 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes the same thing happens with the EA app. I tried with the EA app first before trying with Origin. I use Malewarebytes and already added everything to do with the EA app, the Sims, and Origin to the exceptions (and yes, I re-did the exceptions after encountering the problem, and I have never encountered this problem before trying to download/install this expansion pack). The EA app would tell me "Sorry, there's a problem with your download" after repeatedly verifying the files for the other packs. People suggested trying Origin first so I did that but it didn't help with anything. In origin when I look at the High School Years Expansion, there is no option to download. No option to purchase. It's just blank. In-game, it says "you already own this expansion" but the content for the expansion isn't there.

Message 24 of 28 (330 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @SheepyCakes,

Can you please check your Order History in Origin for High School Years and let me know if that's fully processed through for you? It sounds like the content hasn't been fully redeemed to your account. 

solaire.png

Message 25 of 28 (305 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've just looked, and it does still say "processing." Why does it say this? I've already been billed.

Message 26 of 28 (268 Views)

Community Manager

@SheepyCakes 

Thanks for checking- in that case you'll need to get in touch with the live support team so they can look over these transaction details with you and get more details on what's happened- here on AHQ, we wouldn't have access to look into that info with you. 

You can reach out to live support for more assistance on this through the help site here, or you can request help via Twitter or Facebook as well. 

solaire.png

Message 27 of 28 (248 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’d moved my Sims 4 install to a different location already, and that didn’t fix the problem, unfortunately - but apparently changing over to the EA app (I got an alert that Origin was being retired and switched over to the EA app, so I went ahead and made the switch) somehow that fixed the problem. Steam still made me reinstall Origin, so it’s still using Origin to launch Sims 4, but it’s stopped reverifying the game every single time! I don’t know if this will help you, but hopefully it will?

Message 28 of 28 (227 Views)