Original Post

Re: Sims 4 is not launching

★★★ Newbie

Mine is windows

Message 1 of 16 (823 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I'm on Windows. My Sims 4 game will start to load then the window will minimize and when I open it it's blank and never loads. 

Message 2 of 16 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]

@missjodiemarie and @MsCrumplebotton  I split your posts into their own thread and moved it to the Sims 4 PC tech section, since the original poster hasn't come back yet to say what their OS is.

Please pull your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Try to launch the game again; this will spawn a clean folder.  If it works, the problem is something in your old game folder, likely outdated mods or cc.  You can test this content in batches, and any batch that causes the game to not load needs to be split and tested again until you find the problem file(s).  While testing, be sure to delete localthumbcache.package, also in your game folder, each time you quit the game.

If Sims 4 won't open even with a clean game folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 16 (791 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem, since I applied the new Windows 10 update a few hours ago. The game launches and the loading screen starts but then crashes. Clearing the documents folder and Repairing it through Origin didn't help.

Message 4 of 16 (775 Views)

@Semscher  Dxdiag please?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 5 of 16 (768 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here's the DXDiag

Message 6 of 16 (761 Views)

@Semscher  Your dxdiag lists a number of DirectX errors.  Try reinstalling to see if that helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Even though it's not listed, it works just fine in Windows 10.

Message 7 of 16 (726 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just re-installed DirectX and it sadly didn't help.

Message 8 of 16 (645 Views)

@Semscher  Did you restart your computer after reinstalling DirectX?  (as in, Start Menu > Restart, not shut down and then restart)  Try it now if you haven't already.  If it doesn't or didn't help, do you use or have you ever used Reshade?  Please let me know either way, and disable it temporarily if it's still running, just to test.

Message 9 of 16 (626 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did restart my PC and don't use ReShade. I'll try re-installing the game today and see if that helps. Maybe it could be a problem with the new Windows 10 update? Since quite a few of my friends have similar problems since the update yesterday.

Message 10 of 16 (620 Views)