Re: Sims 4 installed, Origin won't run game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, i'm having some similar issue here. I got this new Dell Gaming G5 notebook, installed Origin and all my The Sims 4 content (core game, expansions and packs I have), but then, sudeenly, my game didn't open anymore. I've uninstalled and both Origin and all the game for 3 times already, and it just won't work. I'm not using mods and I've deleted the previous installation folder I had for the game and restart everything new, but still, it doesn't work... Can you help me? Is there any way to run TS4 without Origin or anyway to fix this? I've just got a new bundle for my birthday! Devil

Message 2 of 5 (1,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

@livmuramoto  The issue is pretty clear here: Nahimic, a component of your audio software, is crashing every time you try to run Sims 4.  You can find Nahimic as a separate entry in the Task Manager, under background processes, and End Task before you want to play.  Nahimic will restart when you reboot your laptop though, so if you want a more permanent fix, let me know, and I'll describe a few approaches you can try.

By the way, you don't need to do this, but I'd love to see a crash dump if you're willing to make one.  I'm curious what exactly is crashing and why, and the dump would give a lot more information than the dxdiag.  You're one of a number of people affected by this problem, so it would be interesting to see what's going on in more detail.

If you're willing to create and uplaod a crash dump, here's how:

• Hit the Windows key, type "command prompt" in the box, right-click on Command Prompt in the search results, and select Run as Administrator
  • In the window, paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" without the outside quotes into the box, and enter
  • Launch Sims 4 and let it crash
  • After it crashes, wait for any crash dialogs to finish
  • Then hit Windows key-R and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" without quotes into the box, and enter
  • Upload the last .dmp file to the free filehosting site of your choice, and link it here
  • When you want to undo the auto crash log dumps, open Command Prompt as before, paste "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" without the outside quotes, and enter.
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (919 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict i'm having the same issue, my game keeps crasing and my notebook is pretty new... i have to reinstall ts4 4 times in 3 days already... origin won't open my game anyway!
Message 1 of 5 (1,002 Views)

@livmuramoto  I've split your posts into their own thread because troubleshooting crashing issues is generally easier (for me) if they're separate.

There isn't any way to play Sims 4 without Origin.  But that shouldn't be necessary.  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, if you currently have a Sims 4 folder there at all, and look for a lastcrash.txt file.  (You might not see the .txt extension, but it's the same file either way.)  If you have one from after the game stopped working, please either copy its contents and paste them into a post—use the spoiler tag on the text—or compress the file into a .rar and attach it to a reply here as well.  If you don't have any lastcrash files, that's fine, just let me know.

Message 3 of 5 (974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn't find any lastcrash.txt file, but here is the dxdiag file, thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 5 (936 Views)

@livmuramoto  The issue is pretty clear here: Nahimic, a component of your audio software, is crashing every time you try to run Sims 4.  You can find Nahimic as a separate entry in the Task Manager, under background processes, and End Task before you want to play.  Nahimic will restart when you reboot your laptop though, so if you want a more permanent fix, let me know, and I'll describe a few approaches you can try.

By the way, you don't need to do this, but I'd love to see a crash dump if you're willing to make one.  I'm curious what exactly is crashing and why, and the dump would give a lot more information than the dxdiag.  You're one of a number of people affected by this problem, so it would be interesting to see what's going on in more detail.

If you're willing to create and uplaod a crash dump, here's how:

• Hit the Windows key, type "command prompt" in the box, right-click on Command Prompt in the search results, and select Run as Administrator
  • In the window, paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" without the outside quotes into the box, and enter
  • Launch Sims 4 and let it crash
  • After it crashes, wait for any crash dialogs to finish
  • Then hit Windows key-R and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" without quotes into the box, and enter
  • Upload the last .dmp file to the free filehosting site of your choice, and link it here
  • When you want to undo the auto crash log dumps, open Command Prompt as before, paste "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" without the outside quotes, and enter.

Message 5 of 5 (920 Views)