Re: Sims 4 game stuck saving!

by GAMESuiteG

Original Post

★★ Novice

I'm experiencing a saving hang issue. The saving icon keep swirling around in an endless loop. And I end up having to use Task Manager to force close the game.

I don't use CC's or Mods. I did however buy more expansion, game and stuff packs. I don't know if that's what was causing the problem. That's when I noticed it started happening.

Just to be sure it wasn't the game files I even verified the game files via the repair option. So far that hasn't made any difference with the saving hang issue for me.

So I don't know what is causing the saving hang issue. I just wish there was a fix for it.

Message 1 of 4 (501 Views)

@GAMESuiteG  I've split your post into its own thread, since the other thread was a few years old.

Please create a new save—no need to play it very long—and see whether you can save your progress.  If you can save, quit the game, restart your computer, load that save, and try to save again, just to make sure it still works.  Let me know how it goes.

If you can't save your progress in the new save either before or after restarting, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (487 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just discovered that the game doesn't like it when I have multiple households at a location. Because I've moved out one of my main households into a separate location. And I was able to save the game very promptly without it hanging.

Not sure if it was the city location causing the saving hangs before. But so far I haven't had any saving hangs recently.

Message 3 of 4 (457 Views)

@GAMESuiteG  When you say multiple households at one location, do you mean in different apartments within the same building?  That would be strange, since the game is supposed to support it.  It's always possible that something about this particular save is off, and that it's either been fixed or at least partially addressed by moving one household elsewhere.

At any rate, if you have more trouble saving, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (443 Views)