Re: Sims 4 game keeps crashing on loading screen

by 05cadams

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

My game will get to the "The SIMS 4" on launch and then it just closes and Origin comes back to the front of my desktop. I don't get any sort of crash report or anything. I was playing it just fine yesterday, but today I can't get it to launch past that SIMS 4 launch screen. 

I have tried moving my sims 4 folder out to my desktop to have a new, fresh sims 4 folder created, but it still won't fully launch. I get the same issue where the game window closes as soon as it gets to the "The SIMS 4" screen upon launching it. I tried to repair my games as well and uninstalling and re-installing Origin. I have never had a mod installed and I have never used CC. I am at a lost and have no ideas.

Message 1 of 12 (1,886 Views)

Accepted Solution

@05cadams  Your dxdiag shows that the Sims 4 crashes are due to a component of Razer Chroma.  So try shutting down all Razer software before launching the game.  You may be able to update the software to fix this issue, of not now than soon.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (1,823 Views)

All Replies

@05cadams 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 12 (1,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I do not have a MAC, I have a Windows PC.

Is this helpful?

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎2/‎24/‎2021
OS build 19044.1741
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Message 3 of 12 (1,872 Views)

@05cadams  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 4 of 12 (1,853 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

As a side note, I did have a windows update today, so I am not sure if that would effect it. If so, I imagine more people would be having this issue.

I have attached my DxDiag text file

Message 5 of 12 (1,836 Views)

@05cadams  Your dxdiag shows that the Sims 4 crashes are due to a component of Razer Chroma.  So try shutting down all Razer software before launching the game.  You may be able to update the software to fix this issue, of not now than soon.

Message 6 of 12 (1,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

I tried closing all my razer software, but Sims 4 still wouldn't open. It seems like there is an update. I will try updating it and if it still fails, then I will try uninstalling it. I will update you after I give it all a go.

Message 7 of 12 (1,806 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh!! I just uninstalled all my razer software all together and it launched!!! Thank you, thank you!! I have spent too much money on sims for it not to work lol.

I value your help so much!

I do have another question. I bought a lot of packs when they were on sale and I was slowly installing them as I wanted them... And while I was repairing the game on Origin all those packs were installed when I wasn't paying attention. Is there a way to uninstall game packs or expansions?

Message 8 of 12 (1,803 Views)

@05cadams  It's good to know that you needed to uninstall the software rather than simply closing it, so thanks for the clarification.

There's no officially supported way of uninstalling packs without also uninstalling the base game.  But you can disable them if you want:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

There's also an unofficial (use at your own risk) way to uninstall the pack: delete its folder from the game's program files.  The default location is here:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4

You'll see a folder for each pack you've installed, labeled by type and release order.  For example, Seasons was the fifth expansion released, so its folder is EP05.  If you do this, be sure to disable automatic updates in Origin, otherwise Origin will likely download the packs again the next time you're not paying attention.

Message 9 of 12 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Thank you! I will looking disabling packs then.

Also, I just decided to uninstall the razer software because I was having such a hard time getting all the razer related things to close and STAY closed. Every time I ended a task, another would pop up. It frustrated me too much so I just uninstalled it. I may re-install it later, though. My friend told me Razer messed with Genshin Impact being able to launch so they uninstalled the Razer software and re-installed the software without any issues after launching Genshin.

One more question. Is it possible to have sims 4 located in another location other than your C:/ drive? Right now that is where mine is, but in Origin, I've had games set to go to my D:/ drive. It's ok if I can't move it, but my C:/ is pretty small and I'd love to relocate my sims 4 folder to my D:/ drive if it's possible.

Message 10 of 12 (1,777 Views)