Re: Sims 4 causes my computer to restart

by VanDusensGirl

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@AGriff90 wrote:

@CMeki, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply! I'm honestly not completely sure how to change the graphics settings or any of that, but yesterday after my last comment I opened the game just to see if it would work, and it did! So maybe updating those drivers was the trick?!! I can't thank you enough! I was getting so frustrated spending hours trying to figure out how to make it work. I will reply here if I have any more issues! Thanks again!

I have the same problem as you! The game just restarts. But I have not had problem with it before, it started 2 weeks ago from nowhere. And I have owned and played the games for 5 years. I tried everything: Reinstalling the game twice, repairing, reinstalled my whole pc, searched for virus, open origin in different ways, reinstalling drivers, installing other drivers, also I talked to EA chat, they sent me a list of things to do too fix it including reeboot the pc. I did, and it did not work. ALL of my other pcgames works just fine! Games like LoL and Battlefield. I have no problems and they do not restart my pc, just The Sims 4. I'm honestly pissed. If you got soloution please tell me!

Message 1 of 13 (2,012 Views)

@VanDusensGirl  I've split your post into its own thread, since the previous thread was a bit old, and the participants have moved on by now.

A game causing your computer to restart is a serious issue.  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

That will provide information on a lot of potential issues all at once.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 13 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is the Dxdiag.

Message 3 of 13 (1,951 Views)

@VanDusensGirl  What kind of power supply do you have for this computer?  An exact model would be great, but at the very least, please list the make (the company), the wattage, and the rating, i.e. gold, bronze, etc.

Message 4 of 13 (1,943 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@VanDusensGirl  What kind of power supply do you have for this computer?  An exact model would be great, but at the very least, please list the make (the company), the wattage, and the rating, i.e. gold, bronze, etc.

Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W

Message 5 of 13 (1,920 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried to change settings yesterday in game, to Medium (even if my pc should be compatible to play with the "ultra settings"). And I was able to run the game for a few hours straight without having any problem aka (Restarting). So I was really happy because I thought it fixed the game. But when I started it today (and I had the same settings as last time), I played for like an hour and then the pc restarted once again… And I didn't save my game because I thought It was not broken anymore. So once again I'm very pissed off and annoyed. PLEASE HELP ME FAST! Frown

Message 6 of 13 (1,899 Views)

@VanDusensGirl  It's a good idea to run a couple of commands to check Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If nothing turns up, or if files are repaired but the game still crashes, please let me know, and we can try something else.

Message 7 of 13 (1,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@VanDusensGirl  It's a good idea to run a couple of commands to check Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If nothing turns up, or if files are repaired but the game still crashes, please let me know, and we can try something else.

The first scan didn't show anything. And the second one gave me this message:

C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Message 8 of 13 (1,862 Views)

@VanDusensGirl  Could you upload the CBS log mentioned?  There are some errors that are due to a computer originally having an older version of Windows 10, but those are simple mismatches and can safely be ignored.  Other errors might be more serious though.

Message 9 of 13 (1,855 Views)

★★★ Novice

I switched my graphic card to a: 1070TI and I've runned the game without the pc restarting itself for hours now.. So I guess something weird happend when I updated my drivers, with my old graphic card and the sims 4, I don't know what. But now it works. Thanks for all help! Standard smile

If someone know what might have happend, feel free to post it here!

Message 10 of 13 (1,814 Views)