Re: Sims 4 Stuck on Title Screen

by Ranxaeroth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue.   No mods of any kind.  Base game and a few store packs.   Tried “verify files” etc.  nothing.  Any suggestions for those who don’t use mods?

Message 1 of 3 (732 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Ranxaeroth  Are you playing through Origin alone, or through Steam?  Have you tried disabling any overlays you have running?

If that doesn't help, try playing in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (717 Views)

All Replies

@Ranxaeroth  Are you playing through Origin alone, or through Steam?  Have you tried disabling any overlays you have running?

If that doesn't help, try playing in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (718 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I had found those steps, clearing the folders etc, on another thread.   It was a pain, but it worked.  Once the game was up and stable, went back, added an old folder back in, play, stable, repeat.   The thought was, find the folder causing the issue and trash it.  but they all went back and has been running smooth since.

This issue started immediately after an update followed by adding the get to work pack.

All is well now.  Thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 3 (673 Views)