Re: Sims 4 Graphics Glitches

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have this same problem after purchasing University.  This same glitch is also now on my Sims 3 games.  I do not have custom content or mods.  My computer meets the requirements (by far) needed to run the games.  So frustrating!  After all that investment, I cannot play Sims 4 (or even 3) AT ALL!

Message 1 of 6 (945 Views)

@BarbaraHope 

It's definitely an issue caused by your Mac if you are also experiencing it in Sims 3 as that game has not been updated since January 2014.

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (923 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not a Mac. I have a Hewlett-Packard desktop computer.

Message 3 of 6 (827 Views)
Highlighted

@BarbaraHope  I've split your posts into their own thread in the PC tech section, since the other thread was about a Mac-specific issue.

Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Im having a similar problem as listed above and im not sure how to fix the lagging gameplay

Ive uninstalled the game 3 separate times

removed all mods

tried lowering my graphics settings

nothing seems to fix the lagging that appeared around 4 days ago after the update (im assuming)

* also before this whole ordeal happened i could run the game on Ultra High setting with little to no lag in my gameplay and that includes loading screen times

Message 5 of 6 (768 Views)

@PondIssue  Your dxdiag lists several errors related to your graphics card driver.  Try updating it—even though you have a very new driver, replacing it may help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (741 Views)