Re: Sims 4 Crashes Instantly On Startup

by Kappawftea

Original Post

@Kappawftea  That all looks good, as in you did the test correctly and nothing was flagged.  But it also looks like you tested all your RAM at once rather than one module at a time.  While this test should have caught almost all errors, I've seen a case or two where testing the modules separately showed a problem that wasn't present when testing them together.

Please also let me know exactly what RAM you're using, by model number.  You can see the number printed on each module, and your receipt or the original product page should list it as well.  And for good measure, please list the specs of your power supply.  If you don't still have a receipt, you can see the info on the unit itself, for example Corsair 750W 80+ Gold.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 17 (410 Views)

★★★ Novice

ram are Corsair - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15W

while psu is Corsair 650W RM650x (2018) Gold Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold

Message 12 of 17 (397 Views)

@Kappawftea  Please disable XMP (extreme memory profile) in BIOS, if you have it enabled.  It's just a button that you click, no other intervention necessary.  If you've overclocked your components in any other way, please undo those settings as well.

Message 13 of 17 (378 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 
i've disabled xmp, ive not overclocked anything (from what i can recall anyway), tested the ram one by one, 2x8 gb configs of every combination, ran through the memtest over and over individually (and in my fatigued state forgot to take a picture of each, i am terribly sorry), still nothing

is there anything else i can do

Message 14 of 17 (345 Views)

@Kappawftea  Don't worry about the photos; the important point is that there weren't any red flags in the tests.

As for other steps you can try, let me get back to you.  I'm going to ask someone who knows more about these things than I do for a second opinion, but he may not be around for a couple more days.  I'll post back when I hear from him.

Message 15 of 17 (324 Views)

@Kappawftea  When you tested in a clean boot, did you also disable the LightingService process in the Task Manager?  If not, or you're not sure, please try it now, along with the other steps for a clean boot.  Disable any security software you use as well, at least for the duration of the test.

If that doesn't or didn't help, please uninstall Asus's Aura and Armoury Crate applications entirely.  Then reboot your computer—a real "Restart," not just shut down and start up again—and test.

Message 16 of 17 (270 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  i've not found LightingService process in the task manager, but i've uninstalled most if not all rgb controlling software i can, and done a clean boot offline again, with the avast turned off, and still no luck.

Though i think its worth mentioning that opera gx has joined the roster of programs that crashes on startup

but i've not yet ready to do a hard reboot of the pc, as im using it as a work pc at the moment

Message 17 of 17 (191 Views)