Re: Sims 3 store content will not install

by TheSwissOpossum

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

im having the same problem, i even tryed to install all the content ingame via the store one by one, but that didnt worked.. as soon when i start my computer new, non of the store content i bought is installed!! its in the downsloads when i go to the launcher, but the files are broken... i tryed deleting chache ect. the way you told, nothing works!

Message 1 of 11 (678 Views)

@TheSwissOpossum  I've split your post into its own thread, since the previous thread is quite old by now.

Please move your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to create a new folder with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just download one item from the store website, install it, and see whether it shows up in-game.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictMoved folder out, installed one thing and it worked! Hopefully it stayes

Message 3 of 11 (626 Views)

@TheSwissOpossum  That's great to hear.  It's best to install the rest of your store content in small batches, no more than about six items at a time.  The launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Worlds should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else, and test after you install each world to make sure it works.

Once everything is installed, you can move your saves and anything else you'd like to keep from the old Sims 3 folder to the new one.  Saves are in the Saves folder, saved households and builds in the Library folder, saved CAS sims in SavedSims, etc.  Here's a complete list:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Message 4 of 11 (620 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I install any content ingame from the store diretcly! That way i can only install pne item at the time ^^
Message 5 of 11 (616 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Wellp...... i restarted my computer to see if the stuff is still installed.. And guess what, IT ISNT :D

Aah i love this sh** why is this game so broken wtf
Message 6 of 11 (602 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thats what it looks like

Message 7 of 11 (598 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I swear to god.. this happens literally EVERYTIME origin makes a new patch update.. EVERYTIIIIIIIIME
Message 8 of 11 (595 Views)

@TheSwissOpossum  Origin shouldn't be touching your user data folder.  But perhaps there's something going on behind the scenes.  Just to be thorough, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Restart your computer, then repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  Trash the clean game folder you've been using to install the store stuff, open the launcher to create a new one, download one item from the store site (definitely not the launcher or the in-game interface in the Main Menu), install it, test, restart your computer, and test again.  Let me know how it goes.

One more thing to check is whether OneDrive is automatically syncing the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  This can cause all kinds of issues with the user data folder.  But it's easy enough to disable auto sync and manually upload what you want to when you're ready.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8...

Message 9 of 11 (563 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict i deinstalled sims 3 but i still did those steps...
i had this problem everytime when a new patchupdate of origin came! i swear it was allways after those patches! i never had any problems!
Message 10 of 11 (552 Views)