Re: Sims 3 launcher wont start

by jasminator0204

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi I've tried a lot of solutions mentioned in this thread but nothing works for me. 
I installed only the base Sims3 Game and when I press play origin shortly vanishes and then it comes back but the game never starts. I get no error nothing. Sims4 works fine
I already hard reinstalled origin. 
Can someone help? If you need more info hit me up. 
Thank you in Advance

Message 1 of 6 (611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey there @jasminator0204,

It sounds like you may need the base game re-granted to your account so you can access it again. This isn't something we'd be able to do for you here on AHQ as we don't have access to your account details, but the live support team can get that sorted. 

Please reach out to the live support team for help on this through Twitter or Facebook- feel free to attach this conversation when you reach out for help so the team has something to reference. If you run into any issues with this, be sure to let me know! 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (523 Views)

All Replies

@jasminator0204  I've split your post into its own thread because according to the errors in your dxdiag, you don't have the same issue as is covered in the other thread.  More specifically, there's one Origin error and another for the XBox Gaming Overlay.  For the latter, please disable Game Mode and Game Bar, both under Windows Settings > Gaming.

For the Origin issue, I understand you hard-uninstalled it, but that is sometimes not enough to address related errors.  So please use Revo Uninstaller to do a clean uninstall:

• Quit Origin if it's still open, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Next, clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • Once it's uninstalled, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 3 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Before reinstalling Origin, please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Windows Terminal (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If any install, restart again afterwards.

Download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

If Sims 3 still doesn't open, please let me know whether you've ever had two EA/Origin accounts merged.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for answering.
So I tried all your steps but Sims3 still does not work. (Sims4 still works)
But yes my old ea account got merged into the one i am currently using just a few days ago. Is that a problem?

Message 3 of 6 (552 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @jasminator0204,

It sounds like you may need the base game re-granted to your account so you can access it again. This isn't something we'd be able to do for you here on AHQ as we don't have access to your account details, but the live support team can get that sorted. 

Please reach out to the live support team for help on this through Twitter or Facebook- feel free to attach this conversation when you reach out for help so the team has something to reference. If you run into any issues with this, be sure to let me know! 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 6 (524 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire Thank you so much. Chase from Facebook was able to fix the problem!
Message 5 of 6 (504 Views)

Community Manager

@jasminator0204 

So glad to hear it's sorted for you, thanks for this update!

Happy Simming! Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (498 Views)