Re: Sims 3 launcher wont start

by 6a038baa1c41af4de1da202c5274d667

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hello,

I am having the same issues running my Sims 3 game. I installed DirectX but am still having the same issue. Here is my dxdiag.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (486 Views)

Accepted Solution

@6a038baa1c41af4de1da202c5274d667  I've split your post into its own thread because you have a different issue than the one covered in the original thread.  That issue is specifically the driver for your computer's graphics chip: it's crashing and taking Sims 3 down with it.  You can simply install a new driver, which you can find on Dell's download page for your laptop:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5510-laptop/drivers

Click View All and look for the Intel UHD/Iris Xe graphics driver dated May 22.  Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer when you're done and before trying to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (450 Views)

All Replies

@6a038baa1c41af4de1da202c5274d667  I've split your post into its own thread because you have a different issue than the one covered in the original thread.  That issue is specifically the driver for your computer's graphics chip: it's crashing and taking Sims 3 down with it.  You can simply install a new driver, which you can find on Dell's download page for your laptop:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5510-laptop/drivers

Click View All and look for the Intel UHD/Iris Xe graphics driver dated May 22.  Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer when you're done and before trying to play.

Message 2 of 4 (451 Views)

That worked! I'd been scouring the help boards all day trying every solution and I can't believe it was that simple. Thank you so much for your help!

Message 3 of 4 (436 Views)

@6a038baa1c41af4de1da202c5274d667  You're welcome.  Enjoy your game.

Message 4 of 4 (429 Views)