Re: Sims 3 launcher opening the ea launcher

by RSniper97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Sorry for asking this just now as it may had been fixed already but the thread has 55 tabs, I used to play my sims 3 with all the expansions installed on my asus vivo book laptop but recently I built a new pc (online and the company bilt it for me) and everytime I click on the play button in the launcher this code comes up ''Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x065d0274)'', I have tried to find a solution for it during a couple of weeks with no luck at all, I am not extraordinary with pcs but I have an average knowledge of them, so if someone could guide me to make it work again that would be amazing as it is one of my favorite games of all time.

Message 1 of 11 (710 Views)

Accepted Solution

@RSniper97  Have you unchecked any of the packs in Steam?  This uninstalls them but doesn't remove the associated registry entries, and the game won't load when the registry entries are present but the packs' data is not.  So your options here would be to reinstall those packs or to manually delete the registry entries.  They're here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims(Steam)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sims(Steam)

I would strongly suggest making a backup copy of the registry, or at least these two sections of it, before deleting anything.  The option is under File > Export.  If you accidentally delete the wrong data, restoring it is as simple as double-clicking the exported file.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (662 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I forgot to say I have windows 11 and I just attached the part of the invoice that says all the specs of my new pc

Message 2 of 11 (704 Views)

@RSniper97  I've split your posts into their own thread because you clearly don't have the issue covered in the other thread: your processor is from AMD and is unaffected by the Intel Alder Lake issue.

What kind of install is this—EA App, Origin, disc, Steam, something else—and did you previously uninstall the game or any packs?  Did the game previously run on this computer?

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 3 of 11 (680 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for doing that, sorry I did not say it before, I got it from steam and since I installed it the first time that message always comes up, I tried to uninstalled and installed 2 times and still the same message, the game has never run on this pc before, I always get the same message I said before. Thanks for the quick reply and sorry if I take a bit to answer, I am in Australia so the times may be different, I will check this frequently to answer asap. I attached the dxdiag.

Message 4 of 11 (666 Views)

@RSniper97  Have you unchecked any of the packs in Steam?  This uninstalls them but doesn't remove the associated registry entries, and the game won't load when the registry entries are present but the packs' data is not.  So your options here would be to reinstall those packs or to manually delete the registry entries.  They're here:

I would strongly suggest making a backup copy of the registry, or at least these two sections of it, before deleting anything.  The option is under File > Export.  If you accidentally delete the wrong data, restoring it is as simple as double-clicking the exported file.

Message 5 of 11 (663 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry how do I access to 

Also I just saw this, it may had backed up from the laptop and I do not know if it may affects the game I install on this pc

Message 6 of 11 (647 Views)

★★ Novice

And when I try to delete that folder it does not allow me to

Message 7 of 11 (646 Views)

@RSniper97  To access the registry, hit Windows key-R and enter "regedit" without quotes in the run box in the lower-left corner of the screen.  Then expand the file path I listed.

The reason you can't delete the folder in your screenshot is that OneDrive is syncing it and is apparently having trouble with the process at the moment.  Try pausing syncing and/or canceling the current sync:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-cancel-or-stop-sync-in-onedrive-4885c27e-3d89-4d69...

The original error could be due to problems with OneDrive as well, although uninstalling a pack without deleting the associated registry entry will absolutely prevent Sims 3 from opening, which is why I mentioned it first.  If you clean out the registry and you still can't play, please let me know what the default path is to Documents.  Open a File Explorer window, right-click Documents in the left panel (the special icon between Downloads and Pictures in your screenshot), select Properties, and let me know what it says in the Location tab.  If you don't see a Location tab, please tell me, and list the file path you see in the General tab.

Message 8 of 11 (607 Views)

★★ Novice

I deleted the stuff you told me to and the game run correctly right away! You are a legend!!! Thank you so much, I also deleted the folder of the sims synced with one drive just in case as well, thank you again you really saved me, I run to my wife to tell her you are a HERO and I am very grateful with you, a million thanks!!!

Message 9 of 11 (591 Views)

@RSniper97  I'm so glad to hear it.  Enjoy your game.

Message 10 of 11 (565 Views)