Re: Sims 3 Uni: Term never ends! Sims stuck for weeks in college!!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

2020 i still cant play my sims using university coz at the end of every week it resets to 12 days and no ones come up with a way to fix this.... so honestly let down and annoyed EA doesn't care to fix it

Message 1 of 11 (4,320 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Dutchess_Death  Since I'm guessing it's a pain to play through a whole week to keep testing solutions, I can suggest a number of steps to take all at once.  I'm not sure they're all necessary, but they shouldn't cause any harm to your save.

• Send your sims back home if they're not there already
  • Install NRaas ErrorTrap, Overwatch, Traveler, DebugEnabler, MasterController, and the MasterController Cheats module
  • Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\[your save name] and delete the University.nhd file; this will delete the current instance of the university world in your save
  • Click on each affected sim in turn and select NRaas > MasterController > Intermediate > Career > Academic Degree, and set the progress to zero credits
  • Load your save, click on City Hall, select NRaas > MasterController > Town Options > Reset Everything, and let the command finish
  • Click on one of your sims and select NRaas > DebugEnabler > Options: Smartphone > Sim > Fix Homeworld
  • Use the MasterController command above to set your sims' academic progress towards a degree to whatever you want, for example you can set it to 48 minus the credits you want them to earn in the next term, so they'll be ready to graduate
  • Use "save as" to rename the save, then quit
  • Delete the five cache files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3: CASPartCache, compositorCache. scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache
  • Load the save, send your sims to University, and see what happens

When your sims arrive, they'll be in a brand-new instance of University, with all the default sims, buildings, etc.  This shouldn't harm your save as long as you have ErrorTrap and Overwatch in place: they should clean up any stray data left over from the previous instance of the world.

I don't know that all this will fix the problem, but it's everything I can think of short of just cheating your sims a degree.  That's of course doable with mods, but it sounds like you'd rather your sims be able to graduate.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (4,019 Views)

All Replies

@Dutchess_Death  I've split your post into its own thread, since the other thread is quite old.

Do you use mods or custom content?  It's fine if you do; it's just that they should be taken into account.  Does your sim receive a report card at the end of the term?  Has this happened in more than one save?  It's not a common issue, so I'm curious about how it plays out.

Message 2 of 11 (4,307 Views)

sims 3 university term keeps resetting

★★★ Novice

Sims 3 University Term Keeps Resetting! I Cant Get Any Degrees now!

Ok I'm not sure how long I've been dealing with this issue but I know for a fact that it hasn't always been there. Every time I send my sims to university with full credit for two weeks - every time it hits the end of week 1 it resets back to 12 days. I love this game and I've tried deleting cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. and it seems only one other person has posted of this issue back in 2014 I think. would be amazing if they could fix the problem with the university mascot also who repeatedly makes your sim take selfies with him/her.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS TERM RESETTING GLITCH!

Message 3 of 11 (4,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No mods all content is from the sims 3 store and i use all the sims 3 packages from adventure to sims 3 into the future. I honestly don't know what the issue could be coz I don't use mods at all

I get a report card and I can do everything like get on the Deans list and all that but the only issue is every week no matter if I pass with flying colors or not it will reset. and the university mascot always forces my sim to stop whatever they are doing to do a selfie that never ends and he continuously does it every time i cancel the action.

Message 4 of 11 (4,250 Views)

@Dutchess_Death  Does this happen in just one save, or all of them?  I know it would be a pain to test, but if you happen to have tried a different save, it would be interesting to know whether you see the same thing.

Without mods, a save can get corrupted, data can get garbled, and sometimes you get an effect like this.  It's unfortunate, but without a way for the game to clean up errors, problems do happen sooner or later.  I don't actually know what the fix is for this particular issue, but there are certainly things you could try.  Of course, the problem is how long it takes to see whether those things worked—unless you've comfortable just letting the game run, this could involve a lot of testing.

Let me know whether you'd be interested in using mods, and whether you want to test some interventions.  I can't think of anything that would fix the current term though, other than dropping out and using a mod or a lifetime reward to grant the degree after the fact.

Message 5 of 11 (4,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have tried on multiple different saves as ive already come across that suggestion. Im comfortable letting the game run and trying out anything that may help it/ fix it.

I used to play with mods so i know how to use them and download them ive gone through all the files i can think of. testing compatibility, clearing out old data. all sorts I stopped using mods and uninstalled and reinstalled the game in hopes it was my mods messing it up but it wasnt.

I fear it came with the last update i had with the game and origin. However i have no idea but i really appreciate your help thank you very much for taking the time to talk with me.

Message 6 of 11 (4,220 Views)

@Dutchess_Death  The Sims 3 game files haven't been updated since 2014, and there hasn't been a real patch since 2015.  So unless you held off updating for all that time, or originally had a disc install that you only recently let patch, I doubt this is caused by the game itself.  And since the issue persisted through an uninstall and reinstall, it's unlikely that the game files themselves were corrupted both before and after.

More likely is a user data issue, as in, something in your Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  Did you try using a clean folder?  If you put your old one back, or it wasn't removed during the uninstall, it's possible even new saves could be corrupted.  If you're willing to do a test run, move your existing folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, let the game create a new one, send a sim or two to University, and see whether the same problem happens.

Otherwise, my guess would be that installing NRaas ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and Traveler would be the best approach.  But if you don't want to just install mods and hope for the best, it might be better to ask on the NRaas site.  Maybe someone there has some insight on why this kind of issue happens in the first place.

Message 7 of 11 (4,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry its been so long since i last contacted you about this game. I manually deleted in from my files after uninstalling it. However i realized once i had re installed it and tried again that my sims do not go to the student union on the first day. They attend all classes and are able to complete the first week of exams and can reach the deans list. However every Sunday the week resets back the the start no matter what ive tried. travel mod does nothing error trap does nothing. im completely lost as to how this glitch is occurring. My computer is very well equipped to run the game on the highest graphics and has the space and drivers needed to run the game properly however my sims are unable to complete a university degree because of the said issue.

Thank you for the help it seems only two other people have reported this and neither have a solution for it.

Message 8 of 11 (4,043 Views)

@Dutchess_Death  Since I'm guessing it's a pain to play through a whole week to keep testing solutions, I can suggest a number of steps to take all at once.  I'm not sure they're all necessary, but they shouldn't cause any harm to your save.

• Send your sims back home if they're not there already
  • Install NRaas ErrorTrap, Overwatch, Traveler, DebugEnabler, MasterController, and the MasterController Cheats module
  • Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\[your save name] and delete the University.nhd file; this will delete the current instance of the university world in your save
  • Click on each affected sim in turn and select NRaas > MasterController > Intermediate > Career > Academic Degree, and set the progress to zero credits
  • Load your save, click on City Hall, select NRaas > MasterController > Town Options > Reset Everything, and let the command finish
  • Click on one of your sims and select NRaas > DebugEnabler > Options: Smartphone > Sim > Fix Homeworld
  • Use the MasterController command above to set your sims' academic progress towards a degree to whatever you want, for example you can set it to 48 minus the credits you want them to earn in the next term, so they'll be ready to graduate
  • Use "save as" to rename the save, then quit
  • Delete the five cache files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3: CASPartCache, compositorCache. scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache
  • Load the save, send your sims to University, and see what happens

When your sims arrive, they'll be in a brand-new instance of University, with all the default sims, buildings, etc.  This shouldn't harm your save as long as you have ErrorTrap and Overwatch in place: they should clean up any stray data left over from the previous instance of the world.

I don't know that all this will fix the problem, but it's everything I can think of short of just cheating your sims a degree.  That's of course doable with mods, but it sounds like you'd rather your sims be able to graduate.

Message 9 of 11 (4,020 Views)

★★★ Novice

IT WORKED!! Thank you so much for the help. Cant tell you how happy i am to finally be able to play my university pack and get around the glitches. Thank you again ive been trying for over a year!

Message 10 of 11 (3,928 Views)