Re: Sims 3 Download Installer Crashes

by _Funky_Doggo

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Good day

I had a similar problem except it was a few items.  Everything is furniture except one which is a lot.  When I click to open the launcher it starts up fine but when I go to downloads then tick the piece of furniture or the lot and click install it brings up a black cube.  Which is normal, but then it says The Sims 3 has stopped working.

Windows is looking for a solution to this problem.

I really hope you can help me with this.

Please get back to me as soon as you get this.

Message 1 of 2 (250 Views)

@_Funky_Doggo  I've split your post into its own thread, as the original thread was quite old.

Are you trying to install store content or third-party custom content, and from where?  How much do you already have installed?  There are a couple of approaches that can fix this issue, but which one is easier depends on how much of a hassle it would be to redownload all or part of what you already have installed.  (No matter the approach, your saves, builds, and saved sims would be intact.)

Please also go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache, and take a screenshot of the contents.  That will make it easier to describe what you need to do to fix the issue: each file has a slightly different name, and if you already have a lot of installed content, referencing a specific file to move and how to rename another file will make the explanation easier.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (228 Views)