Re: Sims 3 Black Screen On Start Up (PC - Windows 10)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, I just bought the Sims 3. After installation when i open the launcher and click on the play button it loads me a black screen, game stays somewhere on the system but it wont load screen, i started to read forums about this issue, tried to fix this problem, i am a new gamer i have no mods or something, i tried to reinstall my game but it still not working. can you please help me somehow? waiting for any response. Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (1,172 Views)

@kuzu420  I've split your post into its own thread, since the previous thread is a few years old.

Please make sure .NET framework 3.5 is enabled on your computer; it's often off by default in Windows 10.  To check, hit Windows key-R, type "appwiz.cpl" without quotes into the box, and enter.  On the left of the File Explorer window that appears, click on the words "Turn Windows features on or off."  You should see something like this:

Windows features (+.NET).png

The .NET frameworks are in the first red box.  If 3.5 is off, enable it, and try to launch the game.

If this doesn't help, try temporarily disabling your antivirus/firewall, just long enough to see whether it makes a difference.

If this doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,156 Views)