Re: Saves to My Library are corrupting & cannot be deleted afterwards.

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Everytime that I load the gallery on my laptop, I see Red X's across all images of lots or households. I have tried to restart my laptop, move my tray folder and even to repair my game but every single time I have done something to try and help I go back into game and still the red X's are there. However, I have gone into game on my boyfriends computer using my origin account, started a new game and this issue doesn't happen. I had a virus on my laptop so I had to wipe everything clean as sims had become corrupted, but my boyfriend managed to restore my old saves. Could this have anything to do with why I am seeing red X on my laptop but not when I started a new game on my boyfriends computer? If so will I need to delete and redownload the sims once more? Thank you for any response given. Much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It seems your Boyfriend restored the saves but not the tray folder which contains all Sims, houses you have created hence the red X. If there is no backup of the tray folder you will need to start a new game. There is no need to redownload the Sims 4 however you should do a repair of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)