Re: Redeem product issue.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

Hi did you resolve your problem if so what did you do please?

Message 1 of 5 (496 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jesterfix  I've split your comments into their own thread because the issue is different (and the original thread is a bit old, not that it's really a problem).

Once a game code has been redeemed, it can't be used again.  Origin will block you from adding it to your account no matter what you do.  The issue isn't the disc itself but Origin recognizing the code as being attached to another account.  This is EA's policy and has been for years.

When people say that Sims 3 codes are reusable, they probably mean that you can install via disc on more than one computer.  But to do that, you either need to be on the same Origin account every time, or you need to install everything via disc, including the base game, with no Origin involvement.  Otherwise, there's unfortunately no way to use your secondhand disc.

External disc drives are cheap, but not cheaper than buying one pack through Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (459 Views)

All Replies

@jesterfix  The original poster in this thread hasn't been back to the site for a while and may not see your message.  If you describe the issue you're having, I'll try to help.

Message 2 of 5 (478 Views)

★ Novice

Hi i bought a pre owned seasons for the sims 3 but i can't redeem the code because it keeps saying already used but the products code for the sims are reusable, i can't use the disc draw on my computer because it will not open so my only options i know of is to redeem codes through origin. i did take the game back to the store i bought it from they tested it and told me it worked so i don't understand.

Message 3 of 5 (471 Views)

@jesterfix  I've split your comments into their own thread because the issue is different (and the original thread is a bit old, not that it's really a problem).

Once a game code has been redeemed, it can't be used again.  Origin will block you from adding it to your account no matter what you do.  The issue isn't the disc itself but Origin recognizing the code as being attached to another account.  This is EA's policy and has been for years.

When people say that Sims 3 codes are reusable, they probably mean that you can install via disc on more than one computer.  But to do that, you either need to be on the same Origin account every time, or you need to install everything via disc, including the base game, with no Origin involvement.  Otherwise, there's unfortunately no way to use your secondhand disc.

External disc drives are cheap, but not cheaper than buying one pack through Origin.

Message 4 of 5 (460 Views)

★ Novice

Thankyou for your help, what you have said makes sense.

Message 5 of 5 (441 Views)