Re: [READ FIRST] Unrecognized video card

by loveniyahforever

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hello. I am also having the same error that is in the original post. I have attached my dxdiag file. I use to could open my game, i am not sure what is going on. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 8 (355 Views)

@loveniyahforever  Are you getting the "unrecognized video card" error, or something else?  There are a few similar but unrelated errors, so it's important to know which one you're seeing.  Either post a screenshot or write out the exact text of the error.

I ask in part because your graphics chip's device ID is in fact in the game's database, so you shouldn't see this error at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (334 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the error i am getting. I must have misread the first time, sorry about that. 

Message 3 of 8 (326 Views)

@loveniyahforever  It's not a problem, but I've split your posts into their own thread since your issue is different than the one in that other thread.

I would suggest starting with a clean uninstall and reinstall of the graphics driver.  HP software restricts the drivers that can be installed on many laptops, so you'll probably need to use only the graphics driver provided by HP, not one from AMD.  Go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Enter your laptop's serial number, choose the OS if prompted, and you'll land on the download page for your laptop.  You're looking for the newest AMD driver under Driver - Graphics.  Download that, then follow these instructions to clean-uninstall and reinstall the driver:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

Try again to play when you're done, and if you still get this error, please post a new dxdiag.

Message 4 of 8 (315 Views)

★★ Novice

I did the steps but the original driver just keeps appearing and not the new one, also same error.

Message 5 of 8 (293 Views)

@loveniyahforever  Did you stay offline during the entire process of uninstalling the old graphics driver and installing the new one?  If not, Windows or HP software may have automatically downloaded a driver for you before you had the chance to install the one you wanted.

At any rate, I'd like to see the driver download page for your laptop, so please post the link.  That page doesn't have any information about your own computer, just the overall model.

Message 6 of 8 (274 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the link , i have windows 11. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-e1000-laptop-pc-series/32612084/model/3875293...

For the offline part do you have any steps i can follow?

Message 7 of 8 (258 Views)

@loveniyahforever  The driver you want is actually listed under Driver-Display/Monitor for some reason, and it's the "AMD High Definition Graphics Driver - Picasso/Dali" option.  It's dated July 28, 2022, and the version number is 30.0.14038.0 Rev.E.  So please download that and install it, then restart your computer.

You shouldn't need to go offline for this process because you're installing a newer driver than what's currently on your system.  In general though, going offline just means disabling wifi, for example putting your computer in airplane mode, and/or disconnecting the ethernet cable.  This is standard practice when you're manually installing a specific driver: you don't want Windows detecting the missing driver and installing its choice of a replacement before you can install the one you want.

Message 8 of 8 (244 Views)