Re: PC- Sims 4 White screen after EA logo.

by katmares1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

I need help with working out what is going on with my game. I have attached my dxdiag file. please help.

Message 1 of 4 (375 Views)

Accepted Solution

@katmares1  I've split your post into its own thread.  Are you seeing the white screen specifically?  If not, please describe what happens when you try to play, and feel free to edit the thread title as well.

Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (345 Views)

All Replies

@katmares1  I've split your post into its own thread.  Are you seeing the white screen specifically?  If not, please describe what happens when you try to play, and feel free to edit the thread title as well.

Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

Message 2 of 4 (346 Views)

★ Novice

thank you for your suggestion. it is working ok now. i have had this happen before and had other suggestions that were similar to fix it. however I am wondering how many times I am going to have to do this as it is rather annoying. also I have noticed that when this issue does occur that the client.db file has problems syncing with one drive. 

Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)

[ Edited ]

@katmares1  It may be better to disable OneDrive's automatic syncing of the Documents folder, at least for a while.  You can still manually upload whatever you want.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8...

Be sure to move your working Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts before making this change, or the folder may be removed from your hard drive and stay only in cloud storage.  You can put it back once OneDrive is no longer syncing.

Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)