Re: Origin starts, games load&crash back to Origin

by freakywoman1

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I am actually having the same problem again. After fixing the problem with games minimizing all the time a few days later I am having pretty much the same thing as you do. Games crashing back to origin. Only it is just The Sims 3. I click play on the launcher and it crashes immediately back to origin. I had to buy it on steam. However, since I have 2 Laptops, I am still able to play it on my old PC fine through Origin, but it's very slow and laggy. I was just thinking that maybe it is a Windows 10 problem or a graphics card problem, not sure but that's pretty much what has happened to me ever since.

Message 1 of 6 (601 Views)

@freakywoman1  If you want help with your Sims 3 issue, please run a dxdiag (on whichever computer you're interested in troubleshooting) and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok here is my dxdiag file  

Message 3 of 6 (545 Views)

@freakywoman1  Since most of the errors in your dxdiag are likely not Origin issues, I've split your posts into their own thread in the Sims 3 PC tech section.

A good place to start is by addressing the Windows errors.  Please run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If sfc reports that it found corrupt files and was unable to repair some of them, stop here and let me know.  Otherwise, restart your computer and run any pending Windows updates.  Hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If there are a number pending, it may take a few tries, with restarts in between, to get them all to run.

If you're trying to play through Origin on this computer, please also clear Origin's cache, uninstall it "the hard way," and reinstall.  Although there's only one Origin error in your dxdiag, it's worth addressing.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

To be thorough, please move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop before launching the game again.  A clean folder will spawn the next time you open the launcher.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

There are also a couple of errors related to the driver for your graphics chip.  Since there's no timestamp on the errors, it's difficult to guess when they may have occurred, but these errors could absolutely crash your game before it even loads.  I'm not sure whether Lenovo's software will let you install the latest driver from Intel, but it's worth trying:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29674/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=124967

If you get an error when installing, it's fine, it just means you'll need to clean uninstall and reinstall your current GPU driver, which is already the newest one Lenovo offers for your laptop.  I'll post instructions for this process if you need them.

All of the above, with the exception of uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, should be addressed regardless of the details of your Sims 3 install.  But please let me know whether you're currently trying to play through Origin or Steam on this computer, and if you've switched to Steam, whether and how you uninstalled the Origin version first.  Please also post a screenshot of any error message you get.

Message 4 of 6 (516 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry but that power shell admin didn't open at all

Message 5 of 6 (448 Views)

@freakywoman1  What do you mean, PowerShell didn't open?  What happens when you hit Windows key-X: what options do you see?  (You can take a screenshot.)  If you choose "PowerShell (Admin)," what happens on-screen?  Please restart your computer, a real "restart" rather than shutting down and turning it back on, before trying.

Message 6 of 6 (419 Views)