Re: My Town Map on The Sims 3, is having a bug!! HELP!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I went on sims today and i wanted to edit my map but i could see the icons for the buildings but not see the map and its gone purple

Heres a Picture of it

Message 1 of 3 (364 Views)

@XXJOEY145  I've split your post into its own thread because the other thread was quite old.

Try removing options.ini from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.  This will reset all your in-game options, including the graphics options.  Don't change any of the options, at least not yet.  Instead, first load a new save and see how it looks.  If it's normal, quit to desktop and load your existing save.  If that's normal too, you can exit to the Main Menu and adjust your graphics and other options to whatever you want.  Afterwards, be sure to quit to desktop before loading any save.

If the graphics issues show up even in that new save, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (356 Views)

Hero
I would also recommend checking DeviceConfig.log in the same folder. This often arises from a poorly edited GraphicsRules.sgr file. If DeviceConfig file is blank, then GraphicsRules is almost certainly broken.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (323 Views)