Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

by BellaWolf80

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

okay so hi my dad tried to help me with this and he couldn't figure anything out so I tried everything you guys said. Nothing worked, it says something along the lines of your video card is not meeting the requirements. In December I got the pets pack and I was playing but before that, we got a lot of things done to the computer, helpful things(like updates), and it worked for that and my cc was working fine. Then I tried this week and it wasn't working so I tried a bunch of things, my dad checked the video card it met the requirements. I don't know whats up, Help! Also, I can still play my Sims 3, but not 4.

Message 1 of 10 (476 Views)

@Selena1233  I'm not sure what exactly you've tried so far, so I'll just list a few relatively simple troubleshooting steps for you to try.

First, you can repair your game in Origin.  Right-click on the TS4 icon in your Origin library to see the option.  Then disable Origin in-game.  You can also try running the Origin reset tool for macs, which helps in some cases.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, move your entire game folder (not just pieces, the whole thing) to your desktop and try to launch the game again.  If it loads, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can play in this folder for a bit, you can start moving your saves and other content into it from your old folder, a bit at a time, while testing to make sure the game still works.  If and when it won't open again, you'll know that something you just added to the new folder is corrupt or otherwise causing problems.

For other tips you can try, please see this post by Bluebellflora:

https://bluebellflora.com/2018/02/25/sims-4-bouncing-in-dock-but-not-opening/

P.S.  It's not a great idea to post your age on a public forum.  You can edit your post if you like—click on the three dots in the upper right corner to see the options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (461 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried repairing, deleting and reinstalling both origin and the sims multiple times, along with restarting the computer. I have a windows desktop btw. I have also tried everything that everyone said on this forum. I've deleted cc or stopped installing the expansion packs so its vanilla sims, so I don't know whats wrong.

Message 3 of 10 (462 Views)

@Selena1233  This is the mac forum, so if I can't help you (I'm mostly a mac person myself), it might be better to ask the dedicated TS4/PC people.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

There is a way to clear Origin's cache on PCs, which you should definitely do if you haven't already.  Also, when you uninstalled Origin, you might have missed some extra files.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-do-I-clean-the-Origin-cache-files/m-p/5499713

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

There's also a specific way to go about uninstalling TS4 in Windows, in case you didn't know.  Since you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it might be a good idea to clean the registry and start fresh.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FAQ-Manually-uninstalling-The-Sims-4/td-p/3447927

The clean folder test I described is one of the best ways to troubleshoot no matter what system you have.  If you haven't tried it yet, I would highly recommend doing so, and I suspect that the experts in the PC section would suggest it as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 10 (454 Views)

@Selena1233

I've moved your post and replies to the PC tech forum. If @puzzlezaddict's tips don't work then please reply and a Windows helper should be able to give you more advice.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 10 (436 Views)

Hero

Hi @Selena1233

have you been able to solved this or do you require further help ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (403 Views)

★★ Novice

Going to work on it tomorrow. I'll update my post when I know more. Thank you! 

Message 7 of 10 (393 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My game won't open either I have base game with some cc. I've tried deleting the cc but it does't work. It won't let me do anything not even join the game. It's said something like that I can't used the game when someone else uses it. Nobody knows my password other than me or my mom. I got this as a birthday present and my mom was hesitant about getting it so it can't be her and my password is pretty hard to get right. I don't know what to do.

Message 8 of 10 (377 Views)

Hero

HI @BellaWolf80

do you maybe have two windows users on your computer and the game is running on the other ?

Have you ever used it on another computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I do have two accounts on pc but one is registered in by my school under my district’s name. It’s been deactivated now since school finished last week where I am. My ea account isn’t working I’ve been able to start it up but now it’ stuck on the loading screen 

Message 10 of 10 (357 Views)