Re: My Sim Won't Die

by simsstarzy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

and the reset sim sim cant be found @puzzlezaddictThanks i did the weirdo  trait and she die in sauna but they cant drown or catch firex

Message 11 of 13 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@simsstarzy wrote:

and the reset sim sim cant be found @puzzlezaddictThanks i did the weirdo  trait and she die in sauna but they cant drown or catch firex

You mention the weirdo trait which is sometimes found in game generated Sims.
Is the Sim one you created or an NPC / Townie?
Some of the Sims already in the game have special traits that make them immune to death or even aging.

Is this what you did to try to reset the Sim?

To reset a Sim:
ResetSim method: Type resetSim Firstname Lastname and click Enter.
If the game tells you the Sim cannot be found it could be the name is not spelled correctly or there is an extra space between the first and last name.
I have not tried the resetSim * cheat so am not familiar with how it shoud work.
Testingcheats true method:
1. Type testingcheats true and click Enter.
2. Press the Shift button and then click on the Sim you want to reset.
3. Select the Reset Object (Debug) option.
4. Type testingcheats false and click Enter.
This is the one I am most likely to use and find it reliable.
Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-reset-stuck-and-unresponsive-sims-in-the-s...

Keep in mind EA/Maxis does not either support or guarantee a positive outcome when using cheats or mods.
Always save your game before using cheats. That will allow you to go back to the point before the cheat was used should you have a negative or unexpected outcome.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.54.120.1020 Patch 08Aug2019
All content installed thru Moschino Stuff Pack
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 12 of 13 (248 Views)

Re: hiya

Hero (Retired)

@simsstarzy wrote:

Thanks for your hlelp yeh i got rid of that  thumb pckge still did the same thing  

what a moodletx

A moodlet is the little icon that shows you how the sim is feeling. The exhausted one looks like this: TS4 moodlet tired To remove it, fill the energy bar.

@heyitsmehoes @tecsims4 @Ol_Cheaterhand  First, follow the instructions for resetting a sim (https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-reset-stuck-and-unresponsive-sims-in-the-s...) Next, fill the energy bar. You can buy a reward potion and have the sim drink it, or you can use cheats. 

• Open the cheat window by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C 
  • Type "Testing Cheats On" in the box
  • Type "fillmotive motive_energy" in the box
  • Type "Testing Cheats Off" in the box
  • Close the cheat window by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C

Let us know if the sim will then die by starvation or drowning. Fingers crossed

Message 13 of 13 (215 Views)