Re: hiya

by simsstarzy

Original Post

Re: My Sim Won't Die

★★★ Newbie

I tried drowning my sim and he hasn't died for a week and has had the "starve to death" for a few sim days and still won't die

Message 1 of 13 (1,454 Views)

hiya

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

from when the new blue screen showed up

after that my sims cannot die from stravein to drowning to getting caught by fire etc from anything really ive unstalled and downloaded it again but still,same thing happens

sad simmer 

xx

Message 2 of 13 (1,551 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @simsstarzy - Do you use any mods or cc in your game? After a patch, many of these will become outdated and can break the game. Even if you don't have mods or cc, little glitches can sometimes corrupt the game.

I suggest you try to repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that was installed previously)

If you had mods or cc and the issue is fixed after the repair, then you have one or more outdated mods or cc. This will take a bit of detective work; one at a time, copy your mods back to the mods folder, then open the game and verify everything is working. If you have a lot of mods or cc, use the 50% method. Once you've identified the culprit(s), check with the creators to see if updated versions are available.

Keep in mind there are some pre-made sims in the game that can't be killed. Also, read through the tips and troubleshooting in this bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-won-t-drown/m-p/7965010#M96833 In particular, message 44 has some info on clearing some of the moodlets in order to achieve your final goal. Add your information and subscribe to the thread if this seems to match what you're seeing. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,511 Views)

★★ Apprentice

THANKYOU FOR REPLYING TO ME NO I DONT USE CC OR MODS ANYMORE

I MIGHT TRY THE ADMIN THING AND GET BACK TO YOU 

XX

Message 4 of 13 (1,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

nope only can die of old age or being a vampire nothing else Frown

[CM Edit - posts merged]

nope only can dieof old age or beeing  a vampire

Message 5 of 13 (1,474 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I just want to be sure that you followed all the steps of the repair - you deleted the localthumbcache.package file and then did the repair, right?

If so, let's try the suggestion from this post: Reset one of the sims, then remove the exhausted moodlet (either via cheats or instant energy moodlet solver) and see if the sim will die of starvation. 

To reset a Sim: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-reset-stuck-and-unresponsive-sims-in-the-s...

Message 6 of 13 (1,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your hlelp yeh i got rid of that  thumb pckge still did the same thing  

what a moodletx

Message 7 of 13 (1,408 Views)

★★ Apprentice

here a photo x

Message 8 of 13 (1,404 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here! Sims just refuse to die of starving & drowning!

Message 9 of 13 (1,391 Views)

@heyitsmehoes @simsstarzy @Ol_Cheaterhand  I've merged your posts into one thread, since you're all experiencing the same issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 13 (1,365 Views)