Re: Items from the exchange wont show in the game?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
Hi,

I already installed all my downloaded Exchange items but still cant find them in game. What did I miss?
Message 1 of 2 (326 Views)

@Springtweens  I created a separate thread for you, since the previous one is a bit old, and your problem sounds slightly different.

There are a couple of reasons why exchange content wouldn't appear in your game.   The first is that the content contains items that you don't own, either from the store or other packs.  Normally, the game would substitute other items, but sometimes this doesn't happen.

If you tried to install a bunch of items at once, the process may have failed and corrupted the files.  The best practice is to install no more than half a dozen items at a time and large files on their own, not in a batch with anything else.

The other reason is that you might have a corrupt .dbc file in DCCache.  These files are bundled third-party content—anything downloaded in sims3pack form that isn't EA-made store content.  To test whether this is the case, you can try installing the items in a clean folder.  Pull your existing TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop; when you launch the game, a new folder will spawn with no content.  You can move a couple of sims3pack files from Downloads in your old game folder into your new one and then try to install again.

If the content appears in a new save, then the problem is probably your newest .dbc file (they're numbered sequentially, with zero being the oldest).  You may need to trash it and reinstall the content that it contained.  You can do so in your clean folder; just remember to change the number in this .dbc file's name to one higher than the highest in your old game folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (305 Views)